Tundra Update Released - Natural Selection 2

Comments

• ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    If you're going to make the NS1 models for NS2 just remember to make the skins look the same, try do a HD version even if you have to re-do it, i have replaced alot of them for marines on my own server but they're buggy because i cannot for the life of me get animation graph working correctly for myself.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    These are all very good skin ideas!
    And @remi while you're at it ask @Kouji_San if the upcomming "primal fade" could be used?

Also imagen a rusty and torn deluxe armour!
    Also some previous mod skin items like the black deluxe armour would be great for old supporters!
    And if you add knifes/katana's/ns1 rifles.
    Make sure they also have the kodiak/tundra skins!!

I'm all for any good looking community made skins, we've got some amazing skins on the workshop already. However first they have to get that memory consumption issue addressed, for that to even be considered... 32bits app hmm :D
    bonage wrote: »
    Pistol, welder/axe skins.

@Cr4zyb4st4rd @remi

How about some of these pistol and axe skins ? :D

Or maybe alternate weapon skins like this one for Ice's knife model? #nsgo

I definitely like the black plated with gold skin, I was working on making my black plates ones also have the golden TSF logo.But then with the aquamarine lights. Come to think of it, maybe we need to be able to change the color of the marine lights :D

material_illum.dds, it's not a shader so that would ALSO require materials, memory consumption++ :(
  • MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    I think some of the skins they have on the DMD server are pretty sweet.. Especially the orange one (i think it had the Half-Life logo on it too)

They could really go all out with the different color combinations they could do... It does kind of suck that you can ONLY buy them with your steam wallet (only reason I don't have the tundra pack yet) but oh well...minor inconvenience..

Now I just hope they quickly fix the bugs they introduced (server list in browser scrambling servers while it populates (the biggest problem imo) crashing on map change and when closing the game, fixing it so we get the "server full" message again instead of a "you may have been banned" message when joining a server with reserved slots...etc)
  • The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    remi wrote: »
    Seems like the consensus is that although many are OK with Black Armor being available in the store, it does go against what UWE has said to its earliest supporters. What I'm considering doing now is to just grant the Black Armor as an item to those that own it (for consistency sake, so all customization items are visible in inventory), but not have it be tradable or marketable.

We should look to the future / adding other stuff, rather than continue to dwell on the Black Armor. What other items do you guys want to see?

Also, this was my conception, not Hugh's; so if you want someone to be mad at, be mad at me. :p

I still don't understand why reinforced items and world cup shoulder badges are tradeable then. They have been "exclusive" too, so where is the difference?
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Back in the early days, there was mass outrage when an accident occurred that lead to maptesters getting Black Armor. The reply from Max that Kouji_San posted was the upshot of that fallout.

Basically UWE realised the importance of keeping the Black Armor limited as promised. They advised that if you didn't purchase in the pre-order, you would not be able to get your hands on it at all.

We have never had that kind of situation occur with reinforced, so there is no precedent with which to hold UWE up against and say, look, one of the Founders said this is the way it will always be.

All reinforced stuff generally comes through news posts. I don't trust the news..

• remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    . Come to think of it, maybe we need to be able to change the color of the marine lights :D

material_illum.dds, it's not a shader so that would ALSO require materials, memory consumption++ :(

That's definitely something I want to do. Palette swapping the illum texture is very easy to do in shader and wouldn't cause a lot of extra memory consumption. The problem is that the glow of the lights are actually part of the diffuse texture as well.

• CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    I very much like the Jungle aliens on DMD.

Other models for the Axe would be sweet. As long as they all did the same stuff, it wouldn't make any difference game-wise. Some Rifle Bayonets would be pretty badass too. Rather than simply rifle-butting those pesky aliens, you could stab em in their beady eyeballs.

• MoFo1MoFo1 United States Join Date: 2014-07-25 Member: 197612Members
    Oooohhh what about Tron armor?
  • Cannon_FodderAUSCannon_FodderAUS Brisbane, AU Join Date: 2013-06-23 Member: 185664Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I hope the game will be 64bit sooner so it can accommodate all these great ideas. I better start saving so I can get all the skins.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Honestly a full NS1 set is ez money. Both TSF and Kharra

Something about Nostalgia Aliens hmm :tongue: I always get sad if I can't play with my recolors :(
  • IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow

Something about Nostalgia Aliens hmm :tongue: I always get sad if I can't play with my recolors :(

As much as I like your recolors, I hope if they do anything ns1 related it is straight up new models based on the old stuff.

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Can we have lazers attached to our LMG's and mines again please! Pew pew
  • SaltlickSaltlick Join Date: 2013-01-03 Member: 177347Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Jetpack trails please
    edited February 2016

As much as I like your recolors, I hope if they do anything ns1 related it is straight up new models based on the old stuff.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=120855757&searchtext=fade

He still needs to be black!

Brown, Beige, Grey, Black, Red. THAT IS NS, not this purple character killing nonsense :D
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Saltlick wrote: »
    Jetpack trails please

Like rocket league. Dollar signs and slime!
  • NovoReiNovoRei US Join Date: 2014-11-18 Member: 199718Members
    Are reflective skins possible? Like a skulk painted in "mirror".
    edited February 2016
    NovoRei wrote: »
    Are reflective skins possible? Like a skulk painted in "mirror".
    Nordic wrote: »
    One thing I would like to be sure of is that no DLC breaks the theme of the game. Santa hats, purple bile bomb, gorge heart heal spray, etc should not be official.

Mirror skins would fall in that category ;)
  • TealcTealc Join Date: 2013-08-30 Member: 187226Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I'm not keen on allowing black armor to be tradable, but adding it to the inventory as "Not Tradable" would be nice. (à la Subnautica special edition hull plates)
  • ceribikceribik Join Date: 2009-11-24 Member: 69492Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver
    I still don't understand why reinforced items and world cup shoulder badges are tradeable then. They have been "exclusive" too, so where is the difference?
    If you knew how, it was actually possible to buy the shoulder patches from steam long after the world cup ended.
    Tealc wrote: »
    I'm not keen on allowing black armor to be tradable, but adding it to the inventory as "Not Tradable" would be nice. (à la Subnautica special edition hull plates)

This would be nice so we could show it off in our steam profile.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    It's painful to see the Shadow tier items below 20$ *sigh*...

• IeptBarakatIeptBarakat The most difficult name to speak ingame. Join Date: 2009-07-10 Member: 68107Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    _INTER_ wrote: »

Supply and demand, if the game gains more popularity and has a higher average playercount the items will raise back up in price.

Basically if your personal value of the items is higher than the market value, you shouldn't sell them.
  • Mantis_ukMantis_uk Join Date: 2012-09-05 Member: 157997Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Would like to see a Assault Camo for the marines weapons and Exo to go with my Assault/Elite marine armour from the shadow reinforcement :smile:
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Loki wrote: »
    I want go faster stripes for my arcs :D

Pimp my Mac
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    _INTER_ wrote: »

See it as an opportunity..

Buy all the skins below the minimum price you think they should be sold for, then put all yours on sale at the price you think they should be. That way, you get your wish, and if anyone actually wants to buy them, you'll also get some cash :D

Win/Win
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    I've whipped up all my cash for Shadow Tier. I don't think I'm going to spend anything of that sort again.
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Mantis_uk wrote: »
    another cool idea would be a "commander" skin for all the buildings. like a shadow hive theme :smile: basicly devs, SETS! full sets for all skin themes

I've been saying this for a while now... :)
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    After @Saffron_baker got extremely excited when he thought a graphical glitch was a new skin, I am inclined to believe that commander skins would be extremely popular.