Game freezes after latest patch

paskiainenjantunenpaskiainenjantunen Join Date: 2013-06-26 Member: 185704Members, Reinforced - Supporter
When I join a server, disconnect or quit I get about a 30 second freeze. Other people say they experience too so can't be my client. This causes a headache.

Comments

• AnzestralAnzestral Join Date: 2013-05-21 Member: 185327Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester
    Same here. Happens when joining, leaving servers and exiting the game. However, not when starting ns2 or at mapchanges.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    edited February 2016
    Yeah, just started again the game yesterday and had this on two different computers. I thought my game crashed but it didn't, just took ages to do anything on the menu. I shall provide a log whenever I get time. If anyone who gets the issue can do it in the meantime, that'd be nice.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/131428/obbys-full-nuke-ns2-guide-only-way-to-be-sure#latest
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited February 2016
    If you start the game and join via steam server browser, everything is fine.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    same thing for me. Game will freeze anywhere from 10 seconds to probably 4-5 minutes when quiting/closing.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    dePARA wrote: »
    If you start the game and join via steam server browser, everything is fine.

If I don't start the game, everything is fine as well. The ingame menu is broken, not Steam.
  • WebtranceWebtrance US Join Date: 2013-11-08 Member: 189165Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Happens to me too. Starting the game from the server browser can freeze then a game will finally load after 30sec - 1min. Then exiting the game will freeze and can take upwards to a min unless I end the NS2 process.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    It is known - thank you everyone for reporting anyhow
  • ZeframZefram Join Date: 2004-05-11 Member: 28611Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    hi, same thing is happening to me.
  • unrenderedunrendered Finland Join Date: 2013-11-07 Member: 189137Members, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited February 2016
    u can agree ur own post what the fuck
  • LocklearLocklear [nexzil]kerrigan Join Date: 2012-05-01 Member: 151403Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, WC 2013 - Shadow
    Same thing is happening to me
  • zennus1zennus1 Australia Join Date: 2009-01-19 Member: 66135Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond
    Yep, exact same thing is happening to me too. Started after most recent patch.
  • NousWandererNousWanderer Join Date: 2010-05-07 Member: 71646Members
  • paskiainenjantunenpaskiainenjantunen Join Date: 2013-06-26 Member: 185704Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    Pelargir wrote: »
    If I don't start the game, everything is fine as well.

+1
  • CCTEECCTEE Join Date: 2013-06-20 Member: 185634Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    IronHorse wrote: »
    It is known - thank you everyone for reporting anyhow

Would it help if i report it too?
    If so: i have the same issue.
    >:)
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    edited February 2016
    same here
    Please fix or revert build
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
    edited February 2016
    Hey all, please subscribe to this mod and activate it in your mods list to fix the freeze until we can get the server issues resolved:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=615216696
  • remiremi remedy [blu.knight] Join Date: 2003-11-18 Member: 23112Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited February 2016
    @RevanCorana Reverting would not fix the issue, as this is an issue with the analytics server not responding, which worked fine in testing and even after the build went out.. but failed thereafter.
    Essentially, it'd be happening even if a build wasn't pushed out - if I understand it correctly.

The good news is that not only will remi's mod fix it.. but the team is looking into a way to be able to sneak these kind of fixes into your ns2 in the future without you having to manually subscribe to a mod at all.

EDIT: We've just deployed a fix to the analytics server so it shouldn't be causing hangs for anyone anymore. If you still see issues, the UWEHotfix mod is the answer (but let me know if you do).
    Its working again.
    Weld on
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    Why does me exiting the game depend on an analytics server to respond? That doesn't seem like an appropriate software model. I hope it's at the very least asynchronous, but I assume since it's causing a sort of "freeze", it's not.
  • paskiainenjantunenpaskiainenjantunen Join Date: 2013-06-26 Member: 185704Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    simba wrote: »
    Why does me exiting the game depend on an analytics server to respond? That doesn't seem like an appropriate software model. I hope it's at the very least asynchronous, but I assume since it's causing a sort of "freeze", it's not.
    Are you referring to the problem when you quit ns2 you sometimes get a freeze and when trying to shut it down trough task manager it freezes your whole computer? (haven't had this in a while but used to happen frequently)
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    Are you referring to the problem when you quit ns2 you sometimes get a freeze and when trying to shut it down trough task manager it freezes your whole computer? (haven't had this in a while but used to happen frequently)

I am. I am mostly trying to imply if the developers of this game did what I said above, they made a really dumb mistake. UX 101.
  • xDragonxDragon Join Date: 2012-04-04 Member: 149948Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited February 2016
    So this still happens, and subscribing to the mod is useless for me since it gets deleted each time I start NS2, thus needing to be re-downloaded.

Not sure if you realize, but the game hangs for up to 30 seconds for every action... Mounting a mod.. joining a server.. QUITING...
  • BirndBirnd Germany Join Date: 2016-02-22 Member: 213321Members
    Also it started crashing now and then while Playing with the last Patch. (Arctic Skin update)

you may be able to end ns2 process with arrow and delete keys
    This freeze should be fixed in 286