Crash at the beginning of intro

RedthorneRedthorne France Join Date: 2016-02-05 Member: 212602Members
Hello, I just bought Subnautica yesterday and tried many times to run it. Unfortunately, it didn't. The first time I launched it, I could start a new game etc... but when I jumped in the water, game crashed. Since this crash, everytime I start a new game, the game crashes and exits when the intro begins (with the voice explaining the situation). I tried many things, and my PC requirements seem to be correct.

Help please ;_; I love this game

Comments

• RedthorneRedthorne France Join Date: 2016-02-05 Member: 212602Members
    I forgot to mention: it's the 27764 Jan-2016 version
  • ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    Redthorne wrote: »
    I forgot to mention: it's the 27764 Jan-2016 version

Can't diagnose anything without knowing all your computer specs: CPU/GPU/Memory/Storage/OS at least. Thanks!
  • RedthorneRedthorne France Join Date: 2016-02-05 Member: 212602Members
    CPU: Intel core i3 740 3.07GHz
    Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 5700 Series
    RAM: 4088MB
    Storage: 232GB with currently 81.7GB free
  • ZergonuzZergonuz USA Join Date: 2015-04-08 Member: 203114Members
    Sorry for slow response.

The graphics card is definitely on the very low end for any gaming, and you have the absolute bare minimum for RAM as well. Is that a laptop CPU? I don't recognize it at all and nothing comes up in google either other than possibly a mobile version which only has a single core. This super old mobile one.... If that is it, then the CPU isn't up to snuff and a new computer is in order. Otherwise...

-Make sure your graphics card driver is up to date.
    -Make sure all non-system essential tasks are turned off (virus protection, start-up programs, apps, etc)
    -Try running on absolute lowest settings possible.

-Still no luck? Try recording your CPU, GPU, and RAM use % to see which are capping out. This can give insight into which is the weak link in the chain.

Best of luck!

{Z}