Rookie commander and Vs. Bots Rookie only?

TheEnemyTheEnemy Join Date: 2016-01-31 Member: 212422Members
Hi there,

There's two things on my mind today:

1)
I've just recently started playing and after having played for a little while I finally felt more or less confident enough to try out being commander (especially after being in few games where we had to wait for a long time for anyone stepping up). However just as I thought "in the next game I'll give it a shot" I got level 3 and got kicked from the game. Now it seems I can only join games where players are much more experienced than me, making it terrible unlikely that I'd ever try out commanding (for which I'm definitely still a rookie). Is it possible in any way to make a Rookie game where non-Rookie low level players can join anyway to try out being a commander?

Any suggestions or ideas on what I could try for trying out commanding real players instead of bots?

2)
Which brings the next question. After I reached level 3, I can't play a Vs. Bots game anymore as it's marked as Rookie only. I'm the only player and I can't play, this makes no sense at all? *scratching head*

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    1. I would recommend looking for a ns2 community that is friendly to rookie commanders. TGNS in NA is typically very friendly to rookies but it depends on whos online. I don't know about other servers so I will let others speak to that.
    There are some noob friendly servers that are not rookie friendly. I think one is called AL's noob friendly server. I would also check there.

2. This is a bug and is already fixed internally. It should come out with the next patch in the next few days.
  • TheEnemyTheEnemy Join Date: 2016-01-31 Member: 212422Members
    Thank you for your reply.

1)
    I would be interested in a European based community so if anyone can recommend one please let me know :)

My post was however also a suggestion for the developers to look at differentiating between rookie soldiers and rookie commanders in that I would love to play with other rookies as a commander and helping new players get into the game, while still getting to learn being a commander. With the current system that won't be possible.

2)
    I assumed so - and nice to know it's getting fixed soon.

In regard to the "Vs. Bots" game, the bots there seem quite different (worse) than those in the rookie only servers. I think I saw in a blog post that the new bots would be better. Any plans on upgrading the "Vs. Bots" too? In my experience playing a commander there often results in bots just grouping up somewhere, and then never split up again, making it impossible to push new rooms.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    TheEnemy wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply.
    I would be interested in a European based community so if anyone can recommend one please let me know :)

TAW is love. TAW is life

taw.net

• TheEnemyTheEnemy Join Date: 2016-01-31 Member: 212422Members
    Mephilles wrote: »
    TAW is love. TAW is life

taw.net

It sounds promising but two mandatory events per week? I can't really promise to sign up to that.

• MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    for us those events are every wednesday and sunday at 20 cet