Possibility to end round by peaceful resolution.

AxiorAxior Finland Join Date: 2016-01-31 Member: 212376Members
From NS1 to NS2 I hoped for possibility to end round by peaceful resolution between marines and khraa. Don't get me wrong. I truly love the tactical combat. It is the reason which keeps me playing.

But just to make it more interesting in terms of tactical combat, planing and ethical options. I see option to add co-op teams to do mission(s) together. I.e 3rd alien specie to fight againt in cooperation. Or davastating hazards which threat both equally.

Yes, both teams would have to vote for this or it could be new map too.

All I say is that add flavor by possibility to make a truce or even alliance. It would mean opening a different game mode inside the main game. Could be teams as coop played against computer. It could also mean third team played by humans.

Its true that it would break the mechanics of current pvp idea or atleast add one team in pvp. But... As you play enough the endless combat, it just makes one hope for something beyond ordinary setting. Why not to add third option? co-op victory or failure. Or one of three teams win

Ns is good as it is, but in time all games just gets tiresome at some point. If ns keeps on the same road it won't get the boost it needs on the long run. Maybe even extension for small price.

I would like to keep my hopes up and witness that ns will grow over the limits of gaming known today. In other words: take a leap into new territories too. With the same spirit in which made NS1 to be one of the best surprises.

Truly, this idea of new ways to end round would need long and detailed information to be valuated as proper plan. But my purpose is just to open a door to ponder further development.

Just few thoughts in the air.

Comments

• FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • AxiorAxior Finland Join Date: 2016-01-31 Member: 212376Members
    :smiley: Yeah. Thats what we currently got!
  • FoxyFoxy United Kingdom Join Date: 2014-08-19 Member: 198032Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
    In all seriousness, this would be against the basic fundamentals and lore of the NS series. It's an interesting suggestion and kudos for putting it up here. The biggest problem I see in pub servers, particularly with a lot of rookies, is where teams fail to realise how to end the game and when the circumstances are right to do so. There is some very interesting work going on in new tutorials, which will hopefully arm rookies with much better game knowledge and avoid stalemates.
  • AxiorAxior Finland Join Date: 2016-01-31 Member: 212376Members
    You are right, it would be against the basic idea of ns series. But only when players would choose to start this new game mode or load specific map. Still, I believe that most of the time it would be as always. Good old marines vs khraa until the end. But... even occasionally it could start a new event, which would be more than welcome after series of unpleasant rounds. Yes, for the same reasons which you already well said.

Honestly I do not keep my hopes up high for tutorials to make a big difference. I could be wrong here too as I do not know the details. From my experience I can say that I have been guiding some of my friends hand to hand in LAN, but still the road from confusion to average player is rather long and even longer for casual gamer. Especially with khraa. And for the reasons you mentioned it is rather hard to keep the motivation to learn more. Even for this reason I would hope that some other in-game modes would be added. I see it could be possibility to lower the requirements to be useful part of the team. Of course there could be also game modes for experienced players too.

The challenge is to keep ns player base rich enough to keep community alive. It could help if ns would have more variety in possibilities to end round or have new maps with truly different goals. All I say that more variety could add more players too. Ns is good, no doubts about that, but it needs more spice to keep it breathing. Otherwise... Well, you know.

Again, just few thoughts.