H2.O Stability Update - Subnautica

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond

imageH2.O Stability Update - Subnautica

Hi everyone! A few days ago, we released the H2.O update. As usual, we aimed to release an update with zero bugs and perfect stability. Just like all other game...

Read the full story here

Comments

• Aaron13psAaron13ps Lacartus Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206914Members
    THAT'S why my game kept crashing... I lost 2 save files :C. I thought it was my computer being stupid as it has been crashing randomly as of late. Thanks for fixing it and posting about it. Now I can play with less worry.
  • agentspyagentspy u.s.a. Join Date: 2016-01-16 Member: 211515Members
    Still crashing for me. I can get farther than I did yesterday but it's still crashing.
  • Aaron13psAaron13ps Lacartus Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206914Members
    Well... My inventory and hud-icons (Health, Air, Etc.)
  • RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited January 2016
    Nope... still not fixed for me on my Radeon HD 6770 1 gig which means I go back to playing the game with -force-d3d9

Would love to play the game on dx11 but until things get fixed that's not happening. The crash during world loading really sucks. I know for a fact that another game that switched to dx11 had similar crashing issues, they were using the same engine after all, game was 7 days to die but that was about a year ago.
  • garkonizergarkonizer stockholm Join Date: 2016-01-19 Member: 211674Members
    Still crashing for me to, came longer than yesterday though! i know my pc can handle this game very well so it cant be that ? Love the game!
  • StakhanovStakhanov Join Date: 2003-03-12 Member: 14448Members
    Good to see the icons fixed , my first thought was "they overdid minimum settings this time"
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    Thanks! This is a wonderful blessing now. Glad to see you guys are on top of it.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Is it me or did the performance of the game just skyrocket alongside save load times being super quick?
  • KrayKazKrayKaz Join Date: 2016-01-21 Member: 211767Members
    New patch is soooo good. I can't wait to see the future updates for sure.
  • EnoshenEnoshen Redding Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211800Members
    Its not crashing on me but sometimes I can't dismantle things all the way it stops at 49% and also create stops at that percentage too.
  • MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    KrayKaz wrote: »
    New patch is soooo good. I can't wait to see the future updates for sure.

The new water gives the game such a boost. I was swimming out of the Safe Shallows at night into the Kelp Forest It was dark and as I approached I could just start to see dark shapes in the water of the Creep Vines. Then as I got closer they slowly came into view amongst the green murky water. Beyond that into the Grassy Plateau and beyond it really got quite claustrophobic. It really improves the game immensely.
  • JaggSauceJaggSauce Denmark Join Date: 2016-01-30 Member: 212349Members
    edited January 2016
    i know you guys are hard at work and all... but i am STARVING for something new to scan/build/kill/forage/upgrade/explore

i know your latest update was bug-solution oriented, so let the next one be a content update please :)
    really would like to try out the transfuser, upgrade my stasis rifle/terraformer, or even rebreather, get some gloves that aren't radiation protection gloves, get some powering options for my cyclops that doesn't force me to farm powercells for 2 hours.. the scanner/PDA was a great addition, but not nearly enough to occupy people for longer than a few hours (tops)...

also, requesting a lethal weapon other than the knife... like a harpoon or even a harpoon gun that takes a long time to reload and is hard to aim, and only has 1 shot (re-uses ammo until harpoon breaks, similar to the knife, but at a greater rate of durability deterioration, to compensate for ranged killing power, because i know you guys don't want to include lethal guns in the game, so compromising this way seems ideal to me)... just make it only lethal vs smaller predators like bone sharks, sand sharks, lava lizards and stalkers and have the leviathan reapers be immune to its damage (maybe they could be scared off or something non-lethal instead)

P.S: regarding the Harpoon, you would have to pick it up by hand after firing it (however, maybe this is a tad too much, and might make it obsolete as a result, when combined with the hard aim and slow reload handicaps.. if this was added too, maybe give it 2 shots instead of 1 (spare harpoon in inventory or something))
  • R2T9R2T9 United States Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210867Members
    JaggSauce wrote: »
    i know you guys are hard at work and all... but i am STARVING for something new to scan/build/kill/forage/upgrade/explore

https://trello.com/b/KbugnSRJ/subnautica-roadmap
    Roadmap for next few updates.
  • Night_HunterNight_Hunter moskow Join Date: 2016-01-31 Member: 212397Members
    Greetings developers , I am having an error with a game called subnautica. In General, the game says that start ( in steam),it takes time and it won't open. Please help!