Community Spotlight Faded - Natural Selection 2

SystemSystem Join Date: 2013-01-29 Member: 182599Members, Super Administrators, Reinforced - Diamond
edited January 2016 in NS2 General Discussion

imageCommunity Spotlight Faded - Natural Selection 2

The Faded is a community made game mode modification for Natural Selection 2 presented to you by it's current maintainer Katzenfleisch

Read the full story here

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Bump. I hope you all will enjoy playing The Faded.
  • HoeloeHoeloe Switzerland Join Date: 2014-03-02 Member: 194487Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    I was playing this last week for the first time in months, and it was great seeing how far the mod has come. It's a lot of fun to play, which I will make sure to do again soon. :D
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Yeah definitely a really good game-mode. And super scary to boot!
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I actually have not played it as much as I should have. But even early on it showed great promise.
    Im curious how its doing now.
  • 2cough2cough Rocky Mountain High Join Date: 2013-03-14 Member: 183952Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I actually have not played it as much as I should have. But even early on it showed great promise.
    Im curious how its doing now.

it's fkn great. even 1 v 1s are very intense. fun fun fun mod. <3
  • KatzenfleischKatzenfleisch Join Date: 2014-03-21 Member: 194881Members, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Community Developer
    It is.

Also if I can suggest you should try to hunt the faded with a group of friends (+teamworks over mic), and, eventually forcing the fade to go into a small corridor trapped with grenades and kill him straigth. Placing regular mines under corpses is also quiet rewarding (the owner of the corpse would definitly not be happy to be used as a trap instead of being burned like a king, but it's worse it). It's one of a few options you have as a marines, I let you find out the other options available to get the job done and get precious informations on the faded position (tips: watch the lights and listen to the beeper (in particular if it suddently stops beeping)) :)
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    edited January 2016
    o8jc995c80b9.jpeg
    Added spoiler tag -Iron