Flood of Dead Bugs Broke Save Game

eXntrceXntrc Join Date: 2016-01-29 Member: 212271Members
Disclaimer: I did post this on Steam but that bug forum doesn't seem as monitored so posting here as well.

Todays update, A Flood of Dead Bugs, broke our save game. When we try to load it we get the error message "Changeset 27799 is newer than the curren...". The current build number showing in the top-right corner is 27787, not 27799.

Here is a screenshot:

75aFl.jpg

It's worth mentioning that over the last 24 hours, steam has downloaded an update of the game every time we've launched it. But today, after this update, it's not doing that anymore.

Did we somehow get our hands on a build that wasn't supposed to go out? And if so, is there anything we can do to get our save game working again on the current experimental build?

Comments

• eXntrceXntrc Join Date: 2016-01-29 Member: 212271Members
    To follow up on my own post: I talked to the folks in the Discord chat channel tonight and they informed me that somehow I ended up with an automated build that wasn't supposed to go out over Steam. They said that I can either wait until the next experimental build (which will likely be higher than 2799) or I can edit the gameinfo.json file in the save game folder and manually change it to 27787. Normally they don't recommend this, but they said the changeset was very close and they didn't think anything was introduced that would cause it to break. I'm going to wait until tomorrow night for another experimental update. If there isn't one, I'll edit the file.