Save button doesn't save (Mac) [Solved]

RaelixRaelix Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211850Members
edited January 2016 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
The game doesn't save. After I save on Survival and I reload the game there's no save. I checked the folder and there are slots but there's no data in them. The Json file has no data in it (zero bytes). I've tried this multiple times; I've tried double saving, waiting awhile after but nothing works. None of the saves show on the title screen and all are seemingly blank.

Comments

• LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2016
    before we continue, make sure you are saving in the ESC menu before quitting, quit will not save unless you are in hardcore mode.

Are you running steam as admin/or a user with read/write control and do you have full permission to those folders? Sounds like a permission issue within windows, although strange hence the game can download to that folder.. Double check for sure below, definitely does not sound like an issue with the game, but with the OS.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-are-permissions#1TC=windows-7
  • RaelixRaelix Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211850Members
    edited January 2016
    I'm an admin and I have full control, I also know I have full privileges and I checked the permissions for all the related files and folders and they're all read/write. Sorry for not mentioning but I'm on a Mac. And I'm saving via the ESC menu.
  • RaelixRaelix Join Date: 2016-01-23 Member: 211850Members
    I reinstalled the game. I think the issue was that before I had installed the game on an external volume and the game may have not known that or some permissions on that disk were off or something odd. Now that I installed it in the default steam library folder it works.