Beds and crash pod

KillerTortoise1KillerTortoise1 England Join Date: 2016-01-20 Member: 211719Members
We need beds to sleep through the nights/days especially for those pesky youtubers which can't record in the dark but maybe take away a set amount of food and water when you sleep also the bed could be cool and high tech looking I imagine like a interstellar stasis pod almost and the crash pod needs to at least able to build a small locker in there and able to put that panel back up after welding the wiring please so I can use it as a base what are your thoughts?

Comments

• AlphaBlueArxAlphaBlueArx Join Date: 2015-05-11 Member: 204402Members
    I'm all for beds and possibly some more home related stuff :) like a bathroom possibly, and maybe some forniture.
  • f8lerrorf8lerror earth Join Date: 2016-01-20 Member: 211696Members
    Would love to see a bed, and I agree the escape pod should be able to be used as a temporary base until we are able to actually build one. Able to build a locker inside it, atleast one, with a bed and make it a little bigger, right now it seems like you are almost bigger than the pod, looks/feels very very very cramped and small.
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    I'd happily settle for the panel in Pod 5 to remain fixed.

Not too keen on the idea of using the LifePod as a base for too long, though. The general objective is to move out as soon as it is practical to do so. Those floating storage boxes aren't a good solution for extra storage space, either... They tend to disappear, taking their contents with them.
  • LuitjensLuitjens Join Date: 2010-07-26 Member: 73034Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    edited January 2016
    Yes beds will be nice, was talking about these the other day in the Subnautica Discord. Be nice to have these scannables in the new wrecks, were you can take back to your base and build. Sleep through the night/day whenever, up to specified duration or until you can't sleep from hunger/thirst, or health.

I made a few models from inspirations,

https://sketchfab.com/models/ee31430091f74f74ad1d2f5dfb43fbf0

https://sketchfab.com/models/e0a4a6d2236d4071b0a6cf57db1fb47f
  • Roughneck45Roughneck45 NJ Join Date: 2016-01-27 Member: 212194Members
    Yes, we need a bed, for the realism and utility of having some control over the time of day we explore.

Rather than fixing the crash pod, I'd love to be able to dismantle it and integrate its parts into a sea base, or receive some parts like batteries or copper wiring.

Honestly, i'd love to be able to do ANYTHING with that pod. It's useless after you get a base up and running as far as I can tell.

Hell, even being able to tow the thing would be nice, a mobile base before you can build a sub. I know you can push it but the effort seems hardly worth it.
  • ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    edited January 2016
    I already recommended something like this here.
  • Sabier3Sabier3 Dunedin Join Date: 2016-01-29 Member: 212265Members
    About crash pod as a base with a locker: there already is a little locker. I found it a bit by accident (look down, just below the batteries). There even was a computer chip and a flash light inside, with some other goodies!

A bed, or any sort of time accelerating machine, would be great.
  • EjemorehEjemoreh Join Date: 2016-02-19 Member: 213203Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    I'd happily settle for the panel in Pod 5 to remain fixed.

Not too keen on the idea of using the LifePod as a base for too long, though. The general objective is to move out as soon as it is practical to do so. Those floating storage boxes aren't a good solution for extra storage space, either... They tend to disappear, taking their contents with them.

Not kidding in my original save I booted up the game and, without having a base builder, the escape pod was litterally right next to the aurora. So if the radiation didn't kill me every other nasty over there did. My head cannon on how this happened... The floaters. *role illuminati sound clip*
  • KillerTortoise1KillerTortoise1 England Join Date: 2016-01-20 Member: 211719Members
    Luitjens wrote: »
    Yes beds will be nice, was talking about these the other day in the Subnautica Discord. Be nice to have these scannables in the new wrecks, were you can take back to your base and build. Sleep through the night/day whenever, up to specified duration or until you can't sleep from hunger/thirst, or health.

I made a few models from inspirations,

https://sketchfab.com/models/ee31430091f74f74ad1d2f5dfb43fbf0

https://sketchfab.com/models/e0a4a6d2236d4071b0a6cf57db1fb47f

I very much like the second one, very good work I always invisioned a middle of the room bed a bit more space age like a pod a bit like this but more full cover

(Fallout 4 image so if you haven't played the game don't click on the link because extremely mild spoilers like not really a spoiler but still fair warning)

http://cdn.gamer-network.net/2016/usgamer/Fallout-4-Father-in-bed.jpg

But anything would be cool