directory/****.lua ERROR

CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
The problem is that game returns wrong error text when trying to join on full server or enter incorrect password.

Instead of show "Server is full" and "Incorrect password" game shows something like "folder/*****.lua". In my case it's "?ua/postbind/ClientLoaded.lua". Another people had different error text.

I tryed disable all mods, deleted Workshop directory, checked game's cache, uninstalled ns2 but nothing helped.

Comments

• CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    zip file sended on tech-support@unknownworlds.com
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    I have just one question: What language are you using? Try to see what happens if you set your language to English.

• CRaZyCAT_RusCRaZyCAT_Rus Russia Join Date: 2013-10-31 Member: 188899Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    I have just one question: What language are you using? Try to see what happens if you set your language to English.

If you mean NS2 language, I use English and you can see it on the video :)
  • junktextjunktext Join Date: 2007-10-09 Member: 62587Members
    FWIW, I received the same error message of "@lua/postbind/ClientLoaded.lua" that CRaZyCAT_Rus was getting in his video. See my screenshot that is attached. I got it after trying to connect to the WolfsDen server (176.57.129.10:27015) just now. I tried connecting twice, both with the same error. However, I was able to connect to another server just fine and in case it matters, I've never tried playing on WolfsDen before, although they had 14 people on at the time.lvj6ybcsz0lp.png
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2016
    Same thing with Wolfsden (16p max) and Bluesomething (a 22-24 player max) ; after trying a second time on the Bluesomething server, I got a "k" popup (instead of the "ua/[...]" ; dunno if their server is modded). I believe it might be because the server was full.

I did switch my locale & display language to japanese though, not sure if it is related. I also don't think I played recently in both of those servers anyway.kiqqpx22u50v.jpg
    6vv5smh4s1s8.jpg

I tried both English & Japanese language in game iirc.

Note that strangely, it seems my string is corrupted (I do not get the "@l" of "@lua"); or that the string buffer is misused.
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    Okay quick update: I am aware of this issue and currently looking into it. It would help if someone could create a memory dump when you see given message as i can't reproduce it myself.
  • Me9aMe9a Join Date: 2008-03-27 Member: 63981Members
    it happend to me twice when i tryed to join a server with the wrong password so this might be the error message for the wrong password ?