Player bases are REALLY noisy...

aeroripperaeroripper Join Date: 2005-02-25 Member: 42471NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation
Can the volume be turned down a bit while walking around inside your base? I feel that smaller fauna sounds should be muffled by around 80-90%. Larger fauna can be a little louder,
but it should sound like I'm walking inside an insulated area. Some pressure creaks/groans are expected occasionally, but they shouldn't be as noisy in shallower depths. The
player should hear the sounds of his base (air blowing quietly from the O2 generator, fish swimming in the local aquarium, etc...). This will make the bases sound more like
a lab than being just as loud as the exterior sounds, and gives the player a different soundscape to listen to. The universal "water dripping" sounds should only be located in wet areas, such as the moon pool or a flooding room.

If needed, the observatory can be "less insulated" so the player gets more of the fauna sounds with some nice xen type music.

EDIT: Footsteps are also really loud and jarring. The echo is loud and should be reduced in volume. The echo should be significantly less in corridors than in the large rooms. Lastly, the ever present "industrial/hum" ambient sound should be lessened in volume or moved to specific rooms in your base rather than everywhere.

Sorry I'm not meaning for this to sound nitpicky, but I think these changes would make them sound a lot better.

Comments