B281

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
Listing bugs:

Builder.exe
Building...
1> Executing '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\CompileModel" -dependencies "Y:\Espace de travail - modder Jeux\Natural selection 2\Outer_rim_ark\source\models\ora\test.model_compile"'
1> Y:\Espace de travail - modder Jeux\Natural selection 2\Outer_rim_ark\output\models\ora\test.model
1> Executing '"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Natural Selection 2\CompileModel" -material_src "Y:\Espace de travail - modder Jeux\Natural selection 2\Outer_rim_ark\source\" "Y:\Espace de travail - modder Jeux\Natural selection 2\Outer_rim_ark\source\models\ora\test.model_compile" "Y:\Espace de travail - modder Jeux\Natural selection 2\Outer_rim_ark\output\models\ora\test.model"'
1> starting...
1> Error: Couldn't load 'de'
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build complete (14 seconds)
0 succeeded, 1 failed, 76 up-to-date, 135 skipped
It's still there.

Tram:
It's been around since B279
A hole in the map:
oepyga21m3r9.jpg
yup, that's hole.

Feel free to list the bug you see.

Comments

• NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I reported the tram hole internally but I need more information on the builder one.

I see it has an error but could you provide more details. How would one reproduce this error?
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2016
    The japanese version seems to have a very japanese menu 1e5uuao4azb3.jpg

The server browser doesn't seem translated. And as I enter a game I wonder, is there even any japanese text ? I usually have no problem on my comp reading at japanese; not sure where the problem is.

Edit : A lot of in-game strings seem to be missing (notably timed popup, such as "You win").
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2016
    Incoherence in the JP traduction : Armor 1, while specing is "1", armor 2 is "2", while Weapon 1 is "Weapon 1" (armor doesn't even have English "armor" written).

Aliens have no "you win", marines have "Marine" instead of "Marine wins".
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    Nordic wrote: »
    I reported the tram hole internally (...)
    Every time someone post a bug like this, someone answer, the above. And I'm like: "come on...". It would take 5 minutes to fix this. It would be better to have a known bug list, because nobody can think it's serious any more.
    (...)but I need more information on the builder one.

I see it has an error but could you provide more details. How would one reproduce this error?
    Originally found in B280. The culprit are probably the folders containing space characters. In this case the folder is mounted from a NAS. But it doesn't matter, everything else (the Builder.exe stuff) work fine.
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    @RedSword: the blogpost about B281 couldn't be more confusing. Romanian, Japanese and Chinese are now supported ingame but according to the translation page http://translate.naturalselection2.com/ on which you can make an account and help translating the game, suggests that only 68.19% of the Romanian translation is done, 42.99% as for the Chinese (simplified) language and 21.61 regarding Japanese.

So yeah, you can switch to Japanese ingame but since only 21% of the game is translated in this language, you may encounter many strings which remain in english. I don't know why the newpost isn't clear at this regard.

For further information about the translations: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/135488/translation-admins#latest
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited January 2016
    (...)but I need more information on the builder one.
    Originally found in B280. The culprit are probably the folders containing space characters. In this case the folder is mounted from a NAS. But it doesn't matter, everything else (the Builder.exe stuff) work fine.
    You still did not give me reproduction steps, if you had them to begin with, but I will report it internally with what information I have available.
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    You still did not give me reproduction steps, if you had them to begin with, but I will report it internally with what information I have available.
    It's completely obvious to me but well...
    • Create a mod with a new directory
    • Make sure the directory has spaces in the name like : "DRIVE:\Espace de travail - modder Jeux\Natural selection 2\(...)". "DRIVE" can be a distant directory as another HDD.
    • Create and export your model in a supported format (in this case FBX).
    • Create a model file as described in documentation (ex: test.model_compile). Basically it's a text file which will reference the model file "test.fbx" like so: geometry "test.fbx". physics "test.fbx".
    • Use launchpad, launch builder.exe and use "build". No need to use "rebuild".

"Error: Couldn't load 'de'" is generated when the software can't find the 'de' file which doesn't exists. It look like a common filename evaluation problem ("Espace de travail - modder Jeux").

edited January 2016
    Pelargir wrote: »
    @RedSword: the blogpost about B281 couldn't be more confusing. Romanian, Japanese and Chinese are now supported ingame but according to the translation page http://translate.naturalselection2.com/ on which you can make an account and help translating the game, suggests that only 68.19% of the Romanian translation is done, 42.99% as for the Chinese (simplified) language and 21.61 regarding Japanese.

So yeah, you can switch to Japanese ingame but since only 21% of the game is translated in this language, you may encounter many strings which remain in english. I don't know why the newpost isn't clear at this regard.

For further information about the translations: http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/135488/translation-admins#latest

Thanks for the info. I tried Chinese (simplified) and still failed to see any chinese characters. I would have believed that with this patch, those languages wouldn't only be added because they have more 20% (as the post you linked tells), but also because would be functional. By this I mean that they would have at least some part of its real "needed" translation (i.e. not translating "skulk" to "skulk" as for probably 99% of the languages this would work; but at least seeing one Chinese/Korean/Japanese character without mods).

For instance, by automatically getting the language mod (a bit disappointing for other players as I'd guess communication still wouldn't be possible without both being in the same language, but at least they'd see the basic, static text in their language).

As it stands, and without mod for those languages, I've no idea if I'm even seeing an empty string (= missing translation) or if I'm having a problem of not-being-able-to-see-those-characters. Note that I also checked commander menu.

I also tried Korean. As it stands, Korean language is such a pain in the ass (menu-wise, again, with no language mods, too many empty strings or strings with dots), that I feel you should seriously do something about this. Base menu ONLY has "Options" visible, and its tabs don't even show.

For instance a "simple way" (I guess) to solve that, if a character can't be rendered, do it Starcraft 1 style, replace it by the good old □. At least we'll know we're looking at something, instead of an empty space while having no idea something is there.

Red
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited January 2016
    About the languages, see ghouls post here. http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/comment/2267321/#Comment_2267321

The missing face in tram is fixed... but we're not pushing out a patch JUST for that one face... so sit tight.
  • axamdeepaxamdeep Shanghai, China Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72226Members, Squad Five Blue
    RedSword wrote: »

Thanks for the info. I tried Chinese (simplified) and still failed to see any chinese characters. I would have believed that with this patch, those languages wouldn't only be added because they have more 20% (as the post you linked tells), but also because would be functional. By this I mean that they would have at least some part of its real "needed" translation (i.e. not translating "skulk" to "skulk" as for probably 99% of the languages this would work; but at least seeing one Chinese/Korean/Japanese character without mods).

For instance, by automatically getting the language mod (a bit disappointing for other players as I'd guess communication still wouldn't be possible without both being in the same language, but at least they'd see the basic, static text in their language).

As it stands, and without mod for those languages, I've no idea if I'm even seeing an empty string (= missing translation) or if I'm having a problem of not-being-able-to-see-those-characters. Note that I also checked commander menu.

I also tried Korean. As it stands, Korean language is such a pain in the ass (menu-wise, again, with no language mods, too many empty strings or strings with dots), that I feel you should seriously do something about this. Base menu ONLY has "Options" visible, and its tabs don't even show.

For instance a "simple way" (I guess) to solve that, if a character can't be rendered, do it Starcraft 1 style, replace it by the good old □. At least we'll know we're looking at something, instead of an empty space while having no idea something is there.

Red

m2jWNFq.jpg
    Tm9Dgzy.jpg
    edited January 2016
    axamdeep wrote: »
    RedSword wrote: »

Red

m2jWNFq.jpg
    Tm9Dgzy.jpg

:o interesting. Did you have the chinese mod installed ?

EDIT : I did change both my Windows 7 "display language", as well as my locale to Japanese; mod still seems like needed... So I guess you have it installed; Which was kind-of the point of my "disappointment" regarding the adding of the 3 asian languages.