What happend to the Exosuit?

FinrodFinrod Germany Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207683Members
I just took a look at the roadmap and saw an exosuit update for may. Why may? The model was already there in october if i remember right. What happend?

Comments

• RequiemfangRequiemfang Join Date: 2015-02-22 Member: 201492Members
    edited January 2016
    They have to put in the code for the thing to work properly. As you can see on the trello board they have quite a full plate of things to do and they can't get at each thing all at once.
  • PiscatorPiscator Belgium Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211434Members
    Maybe they simply have to implement the new "very deep" biomes the exosuit is supposed to let us reach, before completing it (it probably makes less sense to release the exosuit if these biomes are not yet available !?). If so, they are going to be designed on march (lost river area 1) and finished in may (lost river area 3) ... So long to wait !
  • ezekelezekel Join Date: 2012-11-29 Member: 173589Members, NS2 Map Tester
    The marines needed it back because the aliens just got enough res for an onos
  • BIPPITYBIPPITY England Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205283Members
    the exosuit model was there but you could not move whilst inside it, it was literally a fancy bench.
  • lunatictrentonlunatictrenton Join Date: 2016-01-22 Member: 211825Members
    I hope they finish the exo suit. would be really cool, maybe have an epic battle with a reaper leviathan!!!
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Considering the exosuit is late game to end game I can wait for the exosuit. Probably most useful at Lost River and Lava Castle. But I wonder somehow how it fits the planned O2 limitation. Because, unlike the seamoth, the exosuit is slow to move and will use plenty of O2. That would make it hard to operate with it.
  • JacaraJacara Washington Join Date: 2015-06-11 Member: 205391Members
    zetachron wrote: »
    Considering the exosuit is late game to end game I can wait for the exosuit. Probably most useful at Lost River and Lava Castle. But I wonder somehow how it fits the planned O2 limitation. Because, unlike the seamoth, the exosuit is slow to move and will use plenty of O2. That would make it hard to operate with it.

Probably upgradible with enhanced O2 scrubbers, or air line to the Cyclops.
    Jacara wrote: »

Probably upgradible with enhanced O2 scrubbers, or air line to the Cyclops.

"or air line ..." until some creature cut the line ... Muhahaha
  • SpacedInvaderSpacedInvader Join Date: 2016-01-08 Member: 211083Members

The concept art for the lava zone shows the cyclops being the primary mode of transportation with the exosuit mostly relegated to short exploration / interaction duties. I'm not sure how the lost river will fit into this model, but I'm guessing the idea is that the player will pilot the cyclops to where they need to explore and then actually go out in the exosuit.
    The concept art for the lava zone shows the cyclops being the primary mode of transportation with the exosuit mostly relegated to short exploration / interaction duties. I'm not sure how the lost river will fit into this model, but I'm guessing the idea is that the player will pilot the cyclops to where they need to explore and then actually go out in the exosuit.

I had the lava castle in mind, though the lost river being acid will be the other best use. The castle is big to explore and will need some O2 even if the cyclops is close to get new O2. I wouldn't dare to search the castle with my diving O2 AND using the fast seaglide. It's too much just considering the O2 limit. And I didn't count the future heat and pressure limit and all the creatures around.
  • raven0akraven0ak finalnd Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211425Members
    wasnt exosuit called to be radio controlled robot at some point? if its like that then O2 wont be major concern in that regard..other vice it needs to become new seamoth in form of infinite o2:)
    raven0ak wrote: »
    wasnt exosuit called to be radio controlled robot at some point? if its like that then O2 wont be major concern in that regard..other vice it needs to become new seamoth in form of infinite o2:)

The exosuit is thought to be manned. Art shows it. And you can spawn the exosuit and enter it, though not move it and the model is only a crude placeholder for the future.