Turbine Room

HawkGaming7500HawkGaming7500 Australia Join Date: 2016-01-20 Member: 211705Members
As I ever wanted a underwater city, I have researched in to power problems, Running the Hardware needed for the place you need a lot of power, So I looked in to more rooms suitable for under water power generation, As of yet I was thinking of a turbine room, just like the moon-pool but bigger and a huge turbine in the middle of the room, The side having room to upgrade the turbine, As in Converters and transformers.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Turbogenerator01.jpg

Thanks for reading people, Mitch

Comments

• 07Kennya07Kennya England Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211293Members
    I like the idea but we'd need more curents and stuff like that in the game to turn the turbine I suppose the turbine room could let water flow trhough it and spin the turbine but there'd be no flow the thing would just flood.
  • HawkGaming7500HawkGaming7500 Australia Join Date: 2016-01-20 Member: 211705Members
    Only thing, Building currents for this, Just think of what we can do with currents. ( so much fun )
  • 07Kennya07Kennya England Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211293Members
    wait doesn't the gravatational sphere do something like drawing water to itself in which case you could build a room and chuck one inside
  • Ruslan_DRRuslan_DR probably terrorizing tourists along the coast. Join Date: 2015-12-30 Member: 210578Members
    Then there's also the current generator but that could be considered cheating. I actually kind of like this idea, there's also existing already some more calm-water generators. saw it a long time ago, it was a prototype that used a floating buoy on the above-water area, to bob, and then turn a motor.

sort of like this; introducingrenewableenergy.com/images/buoyant-moored-generator.png

However, the one I saw used a motor on a floating platform, instead of a pump. This could be the most basic generator, i think, at least for a start. I can also see the possibility of taking parts from the aurora's reactor, wherever it may be, and using those to make a smaller one that's more efficient than the nuclear reactor.