Improve pipes

terraformer004terraformer004 north america, central standard time Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210832Members
edited January 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
I really think they should improve pipes so that my pipeline doesnt look so crooked.
give us an option to add a pipe straight down.
agree?

Comments

• raven0akraven0ak finalnd Join Date: 2016-01-15 Member: 211425Members
    vertical connector is kind of downwards pipe, also note you can actually stack multiple of those top of each other to have very long ladder:)
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I'd prefer to be able to choose a pipe-start and pipe-end position, and the game would place a straight line of pipes between them.
  • 07Kennya07Kennya England Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211293Members
    I'd prefer them to just have pipes function like a dive reel. put a bouyuncy device to the pipe on the surface and the length of tubing reels out from the player until it runs out and you can ad more length to your inventory by adding more pipe.
  • terraformer004terraformer004 north america, central standard time Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210832Members
    edited January 2016
    @raven0ak
    no, i think they should just improve the present pipes.
    Piping.jpg
    these ones - currently they are not polished enough for the final game at all. (in adition to the terraformer in my opinion- pipes and terraformer need more work before game releases... but thats another subject).

racer1 & 07Kenya, those are both great suggestions...!
  • terraformer004terraformer004 north america, central standard time Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210832Members
    edited January 2016
    i also thought of a *way* to implement my idea
    currently the longest pipe you can add is 10m long. currently when you swim further than 10m, the green line connencting the pipes dissapears.
    I say that instead of dissapearing, the green line should snap to a 90-degree angle grid when you are far away. i think it's appropriate to make this happen in the range of 10-15m away from the pipe. (but it will still build a 10m pipe)
    I really hope they will adress pipes when and if they implement limited oxygen to bases and vehicles
  • 07Kennya07Kennya England Join Date: 2016-01-12 Member: 211293Members
    i also thought of a *way* to implement my idea
    currently the longest pipe you can add is 10m long. currently when you swim further than 10m, the green line connencting the pipes dissapears.
    I say that instead of dissapearing, the green line should snap to a 90-degree angle grid when you are far away. i think it's appropriate to make this happen in the range of 10-15m away from the pipe. (but it will still build a 10m pipe)
    I really hope they will adress pipes when and if they implement limited oxygen to bases and vehicles

I always have way too much power in my base so a pump to get the air down wouldn't go amiss either, with consideration for how many pumps and the pressure it'd need to produce I think piping air into your bases would be a good mechanic dude, there's tons they could do with that.