New Hive Comprehensive Stats wishlist

CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
edited January 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
https://feedback.userreport.com/19e981d4-394e-46de-997e-8913cc04aff2/#idea/79081

I know there's a new hive in the works, but that's about all I know about it.

Here's my wishlist since no one else is making one (that I can find):
Player stats
Playtime
Skill Level (Marines/Aliens); maybe a separate Comm Skill as well per side?
Accuracies
Player Damage
Structure Damage
PPM
KDR
Assists
Heal/Weld/Building Time
Lifeform Kills (total count/avg per round) (could be "SG" "JP" "GL" for aliens?)
Lifeform Time

Server stats
Performance
Most played maps
Average Skill levels
Win rates
Geographic Location (approx)
Playercount

Round stats
Individual Player Stats (accuracies, damages, kills, lifeform kills (fades/lerks/onoses, etc), assists, ping?)
Tech paths and tech trees
RT counts and graphs
Kill counts and graphs
Res counts and graphs.

End goal here is to be able to compare these things (naturally).

Win Rate per Map
Lifeform kills per Map
Structure damage per Map
Round Length per Map
Tech path per Map
Tech path per Server
Tech path per Playercount
Tech path per Geographic Location
Tech path per comm
Tech path vs Win rate
Performance vs Win rate
Team Kills vs Win rate
Team res vs Win rate
RTs vs Win rate
Skill levels vs Win rate
Ping vs Accuracy/Kills?
Skill vs PPM
Skill vs Accuracy

All of this would provide super awesome and somewhat useful stats to back up endless waves of theorycrafting! And since it's all being recorded by NS2+, Spectator stats, and the new Wonitor, I'd love to see this being officially recorded and stored by the new Hive for us to abuse endlessly in forum debates.

Comments

• sensen Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205292Members
    Since we're doing wishlists here, the most important part, IMO, is splitting the skill level into two numbers, Alien skill and Marine skill. The two skillsets are different enough that having them under one number is ridiculous and makes balancing games based on average team skill rarely work.

Time spent healing/repairing/welding teammates could be valuable metrics to track as well.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    Nothing about time spent as lifeforms, healing, building amounts for gorges etc? All your suggestions are purely about combat, the game is much more than combat.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    Nothing about time spent as lifeforms, healing, building amounts for gorges etc? All your suggestions are purely about combat, the game is much more than combat.

Quite right! Definitely remedying this.
  • videoPvideoP Join Date: 2014-04-06 Member: 195209Members
    edited January 2016
    it should have a time filter, so in addition to all time stats you could set it to show stats for the past 2 weeks or whatever. ns2stats had this.

and yeah, having every metric broken down by weapon/lifeform would be great. maybe a checkbox UI could be used so you could select which weapons/lifeforms to show data for, so you could combine them however you want.
  • _INTER__INTER_ Join Date: 2009-08-08 Member: 68392Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    Restful API so we can read data easily and do all sorts of matchmaking mods, stats graphs and diagramms :D
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Don't show a player their elo. Only have it there as a reason for balance no one need to know it.
  • IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    I agree with crazy

Elo is CSGO has always been quite a mystery as it has always been behind closed doors. The community has figured out something that it counts in for sure (like MVP stars), but it has never been confirmed or denied by Valve. The downside to this can be frustration by the players as they do not understand why they can lose ranks or dont gain ranks. The upside is that since players dont know what counts, they basicly have to play the game as intended, and not just f.ex. hunt for kills. It counteracts UWEs wish to be 100% seethrough. It also requires skillranks to make it meaningful as the elo number would be hidden.

Despite this, the current community isnt big enough for ELO to be as efficient as the system was originally intended, as you cannot match against people your own elo.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Don't show a player their elo. Only have it there as a reason for balance no one need to know it.

I can not agree more. People go insane about this number thinking it means more than it does.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited January 2016
    I'd personally like a "Structure Damage" but for resources tower only. It is a bit sad to see your structure damage stat get beaten by a gorge that biles a pack of buildings, or an onos, which sometimes do not contribute as much to victory as the skulk that res-bit the whole game.

I also believe it might help newcomers understand the importance of resource towers, or at least point out that those behave differently than other buildings.
  • BlrgBlrg Join Date: 2013-09-01 Member: 187580Members, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Shadow
    @RedSword
    It could help. Although if we keep putting more and more info at the end of the round that would be pretty overwhelming to rookies and they would stop looking into it.

I think that the place for that is an achievement of damage done to extractors or number of extractors destroyed. It should be a scalable achievement of 1, 10, 100, 1000, 10000 extractors or something like that. It is an easy way to teach new players that they have done something important... and you will reduce the number of new players that bite the power node instead of the extractor

• RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Blrg wrote: »
    @RedSword
    It could help. Although if we keep putting more and more info at the end of the round that would be pretty overwhelming to rookies and they would stop looking into it.

That could be said about pretty much everything. <sarcasm> I'm pretty sure rookies want to know the time spent in each lifeform </sarcasm>. Does a rookie even care about player damage ? etc. You could always make the columns selectable, but that'd be a request for the plugin that handles stats (NS2+ ?).
  • SantaClawsSantaClaws Denmark Join Date: 2012-07-31 Member: 154491Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    @Blrg Separate the stats by simple and advanced tabs then.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    SantaClaws wrote: »
    @Blrg Separate the stats by simple and advanced tabs then.

Yeah this could be accomplished via some solid filters or design elements. Have the "main stats" nice and prominent, and then the rest of them smaller but still there.
  • HeatSurgeHeatSurge Some Guy Join Date: 2012-09-15 Member: 159438Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    edited January 2016
    Just wanted to come and say that I'm amazed at how horrible the current hive "shuffle" is after not playing NS2 for ~1 year.

You would think that by now, most of the player base would have good and accurate eLOLs, but no.

Amazing players who eLOL at ~1500 or less, stacking game after game after game, and the quantity of eLOLs never changes. Terribads with eLOL of ~700-900 when they should really eLOL at most 100-200 stronk.

And the biggest lulz of all - averaging an amazing player who eLOLs a lot (like >3000) with sub-1000 green eLOLers vs a team of veterans who eLOL at ~1500 each.

Things really haven't changed much, I guess.

Splitting marine and alien eLOLs will do little to nothing at all. It may do something for næbs since they eLOL much more on marines than aliens because they have no idea what to do in general with aliens, and movement/melee is much more foreign to camping/aim/gunplay which most FPS train you for nowadays. However, when you start eLOLing and IT'S OVER 1000 (wut, 1000?), the alien/marine eLOLs for most players are pretty similar. There may be very few, but I'm not aware of a lot of people who absolutely insist on playing a side (and, I assume, are bad on the other side). Most experienced players eLOL very similarly to almost identically between marine/alien.

The biggest thing if you are revising eLOLs is to alter how much eLOLs you can perform far more rapidly. Patience runs very thin when some shit with a green name blatantly stacks 3 rounds in a row (I'm talking, aliens confined to one room kind of stack) without his <1000 eLOLs changing at all. It empties servers and makes næbs not even give the game a second chance - right then and there.

In an eLOL environment, there's also an issue where geographically the average eLOL level might be different, so the eLOL you may average at in Europe may be significantly different from the eLOL you may average at in the US or Australia. So when you join a US/Aus server, it turns out you're one of those shits with a green name blatantly stacking 3 rounds in a row, emptying servers and making næbs not even give the game a second chance - right then and there.

We require more Arpads.
  • videoPvideoP Join Date: 2014-04-06 Member: 195209Members
    or just make a players rank based on individual performance, not team performance. rank solely based on team performance is a flawed premise due to most servers being very large (~12v12), marine commanders having a much larger impact on win/loss than their peers, and a constant influx of new players/smurfs. this would also reduce the incentive to leave a server if you realize you got shuffled onto a worse team, which really invalidates the whole system anyway, and happens quite often.

not to mention broken rookie elo (some start at 0, some start at 1k?), broken shuffle math (sometimes it counts the same person multiple times?), sometimes it just doesn't get a players elo at all.

but its really not worth going into details. its 2016 and the game has been out 4 years and still lacks basic features. don't get your hopes up.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited May 2016
    Bump for good idea, at least what it is in the OP. Not what this devolved into.