something new

Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
some of you might know that im up to doing a map i've got the layout idea up right here mgg9hve46fbg.png
im aware that this layout got a very big chance to suck but thats why im posting it here.
the idea is a outdoor map on the same planet as derelict and biodome.
the marines begin at a smaller biodome facility while the kharaa start in a natural cave. there are 9 rt points and 4 of them almost in the middle.
can't say much more at the moment just that i need as much feedback as possible!
~your's truly

Comments

• YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hey Saf,

I'm abit confused to what's going on here? Whats all the circles about?

Can you place a "T" to where tech points are, maybe blue for marine start and red for aliens. I think this will help clear up the confusion.
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    edited January 2016
    Yojimbo wrote: »
    Hey Saf,

I'm abit confused to what's going on here? Whats all the circles about?

Can you place a "T" to where tech points are, maybe blue for marine start and red for aliens. I think this will help clear up the confusion.

Those blue circles are meant to be geysers and Boiling water Making a natural border.
    And yes it got a bit wierd i was in hurry..
    I will try to simplify the map later today (not possible at the moment)
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    One thing to keep in mind is the maximum draw distance for players. I remember thinking it was around 1720 units, but finding out in-game that it's a little bit less than that. Players farther away than that distance won't be rendered.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    yeah, I think I figured it to something weird like 1472 or some silly number, I am fairly sure it was 14** though.