Half-flooded base

ebondreamebondream Join Date: 2016-01-04 Member: 210915Members
Hi,

Brand new to the game, so I apologize if I've missed something obvious. I recently started experimenting with base building, and built a single room in the Shallows. It ended up being partially submerged, with most of the dome rising above the water. If I enter the base, I find it about waist-high with water, i.e. corresponding to the water level outside. I have found no way of getting the base to drain the water off. I did neglect to power it at first, but it is powered now and I fixed the one hull breach I could find. Is this likely to be a bug or am I missing something? (I tried building another base further down, fully submerged, and that one has no flooding problems)

Comments

• BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited January 2016
    This is an ongoing bug, unfortunately.

Any structure located precisely at sea level will 'flood'. The best solution is to build below the waterline, then add vertical connector tubes to separate any above-water modules from the waterline. Continue building above water as usual.

The vertical connector tube will still flood at sea level, but travel time through a vertical tube is negligible and the 'flooding' won't be noticed during gameplay.
  • tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
    this gives me an idea
  • R2T9R2T9 United States Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210867Members
    Does anyone know if this bug is gonna be fixed soon? Because I think we all find it quite annoying.
  • terraformer004terraformer004 north america, central standard time Join Date: 2016-01-03 Member: 210832Members
    a similar thing happens in the cyclops last time I checked- has the h20 update come out yet? id guess that update (which has to do with light and water graphics) would fix it...
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    @terraformer004 Well, if the new upcoming update will fix it, that depends. The devs start working on video for the H2.0 update february 8 - I saw it on the production trello, if I am wrong, someone correct me. The trello dedicated to bugs might answer your question, devs said big amount of bugs was solved, we'll see :)
  • JoE_SmashJoE_Smash Join Date: 2017-09-06 Member: 232825Members
    It is Sept 2017 and I just built a multipurpose room just above sea level and it is full of water as described above.

Guess this was never fixed in that "next update..."
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    a similar thing happens in the cyclops last time I checked- has the h20 update come out yet? id guess that update (which has to do with light and water graphics) would fix it...

The issue with the Cyclops appearing flooded at 0m depth is fixed now.
  • El_HadschiEl_Hadschi Join Date: 2016-11-28 Member: 224316Members
    Having the exact problem with the Cyclops.
  • JarinJarin Los Angeles Join Date: 2013-12-16 Member: 190184Members
    El_Hadschi wrote: »
    Having the exact problem with the Cyclops.

Fixed for cyclops in experimental. Only at the ocean surface though. The precursor gun moonpool still clips the same way.
  • ssutcliffessutcliffe United States Join Date: 2016-11-01 Member: 223565Members
    The flooding at sea level problem is annoying. Having kelp and trees on the islands clip through walls into the Cyclops and into seabases is bad too. Lets hope they finally get fixed during this tweak/fix update. Both problems have been around just as long as the seamoth pressure compensator bug was.
  • Pilipin0_pridePilipin0_pride Join Date: 2017-09-29 Member: 233295Members
    ssutcliffe wrote: »
    The flooding at sea level problem is annoying. Having kelp and trees on the islands clip through walls into the Cyclops and into seabases is bad too. Lets hope they finally get fixed during this tweak/fix update. Both problems have been around just as long as the seamoth pressure compensator bug was.
    On the flip side, you can harvest kelps from the safety of your Cyclops.