How to Hotkey/Shortcut for Marine Commander??

philipthechilipphilipthechilip Join Date: 2013-03-22 Member: 184208Members
Hi I have tried setting up hotkeys using the CTRL + 1/2/3/4 and have had no success with this.

When i do this it just de-selects the building that i have selected rather than saving it as a hotkey.

Also - is it possible to hotkey medpack and ammo?

Many thanks for any help.

Phil

Comments

• The_Welsh_WizardThe_Welsh_Wizard Join Date: 2013-09-10 Member: 188101Members, Reinforced - Supporter
    I think it's Shift + 1/2/3/4.

There are hotkeys for medpack and ammo. Press E to switch to the support tab, then A for ammo or S for medpack.
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    For me it's Ctrl and a number to hot key stuff as com.
    Shift keys is default modifier for movement as com.
    And you just gotta learn the key combo to drop ammo and meds. Or make a macro.
    But it quickly become second nature to drop meds anyway.

Tip, hotkey main powernode, CC and IP's to 9. That will make it easier for you to see if you get attacked.
  • Cr4zyb4st4rdCr4zyb4st4rd United Kingdom Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155200Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    Ctrl and number for me too.

As for meds, E S click. If you need to spam hold S and click away. A hotkey isnt needed really itsjust getting used to it
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Hi I have tried setting up hotkeys using the CTRL + 1/2/3/4 and have had no success with this.

When i do this it just de-selects the building that i have selected rather than saving it as a hotkey.

Also - is it possible to hotkey medpack and ammo?

Many thanks for any help.

Phil

Is it possible you're trying to assign hotkeys using the numpad? Dont quote me on this but I'm not sure that would work. The default is most definitely CTRL+123... for assigning hot groups.

Hotkeys for meds and ammo exist, E-S-click etc.
  • philipthechilipphilipthechilip Join Date: 2013-03-22 Member: 184208Members
    The shortcut keys appear to do nothing, despite being set up in the options/bindings menu for commander.

Anyone else experienced this problem?
  • FrozenFrozen New York, NY Join Date: 2010-07-02 Member: 72228Members, Constellation
    @Cr4zyb4st4rd wtf you can hold s to do that. I've missed many a med because of clicking s over and over again and missing a beat lol
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    The shortcut keys appear to do nothing, despite being set up in the options/bindings menu for commander.

Anyone else experienced this problem?

Are you using a nonstandard keyboard layout perhaps? Might be worth posting a thread in the tech support section of the forums :)