ns2_readyrooms !

WiseChoicesWiseChoices Seattle, WA Join Date: 2014-12-19 Member: 200112Members
edited December 2015 in Mapping
80bh4vd9j0qr.jpg

Mod ID: 2288DA28

This is a celebration map of all the ready rooms from the most well known ns2 maps.

5 Tech Points
10 Resource Nodes
Starting Locations: opposite sides always, never in Eclipse.

Credit:
NS2 & NS1 Map Development team (ready rooms), Flaterectomy (Caged ready room), WiseChoices (positioning, connecting rooms, vents, main ready room)

****The main ready room is from the first map I ever made.

Personal Review: I played a full game on the DMD server and it lasted 50 minutes, ending with the Marine team conceding. In my experience, most maps are Marine dominated and barely make it to 15 minutes. I'm hinting that it's a balanced map, but it's still in the early stages.

a22c22ub204h.jpg

Comments

• WiseChoicesWiseChoices Seattle, WA Join Date: 2014-12-19 Member: 200112Members
  • FlaterectomyFlaterectomy Netherlandistan Join Date: 2005-02-03 Member: 39643Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    But the Caged ready room still needs some tweaks before it's done! xD (I actually detailed a bland wall just this past build.)

Looking forward to playing this.
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    The main thing I remember from the games we played on DMD were just the performance things and the need for some more obstacles in the otherwise open rooms/halls to make alien engaging easier.

It is a clever idea and it works impressively well.
  • MephillesMephilles Germany Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186634Members, NS2 Map Tester, NS2 Community Developer
    love what you did here but that ladder is racist
    36400dca6d.jpg
    #NoRacismTowardsOnosAndGorges
  • CalegoCalego Join Date: 2013-01-24 Member: 181848Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Mephilles wrote: »
    love what you did here but that ladder is racist
    36400dca6d.jpg
    #NoRacismTowardsOnosAndGorges

#maclivesmatter

Also drifters and arcs.
  • WiseChoicesWiseChoices Seattle, WA Join Date: 2014-12-19 Member: 200112Members
    Calego wrote: »
    The main thing I remember from the games we played on DMD were just the performance things and the need for some more obstacles in the otherwise open rooms/halls to make alien engaging easier.

It is a clever idea and it works impressively well.

More props and vents have been added to help with alien engagements. Performance issues like fps drops and high draw calls are to be fixed next.
    Ok, draw calls have been dramatically reduced, and added a couple more props.
  • ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    The vent in Mineshaft is exploitable if marines start there, a gorge can run up there in the beginning of the game and spit the base from safety.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I really quite like this map. It seems it was a bit marine friendly with a lack of stuff for aliens to hide behind.
  • RedSwordRedSword Join Date: 2006-12-07 Member: 58947Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    Nordic wrote: »
    I really quite like this map. It seems it was a bit marine friendly with a lack of stuff for aliens to hide behind.

"a bit"

A lot
  • ChrisStarkChrisStark Germany Join Date: 2016-02-11 Member: 212895Members, NS2 Playtester
    Cool idea! Looking forward to play it when itis ready. :smiley:
    Lots of updates. Alien side of the map is a lot darker. There are a lot more props to hide behind. The ventilation system can be very alien friendly, if you understand how to use it. I added a lot of motion activated doors to reduce marine shooting distance. The cave hole above the marine start is accessible for marines by simply hopping up the rock face. Oh, and there is a secret room.