Instant-Teleport Blink Mod?

FearlessJamesFearlessJames Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209849Members
Hiya! I don't know where else to post this,but has anyone made a blink mod that makes the Fade's blink instantaneous like in WAY older builds? (Such as 178?) If not,is it still possible to make one? I've never modded before,but if it's easy,I might try to make it myself!......not that good at coding thoguh <:I

Also,sorry if this doesn't belong here,I didn't see a mod discussion page,so I posted it here! <:)

Comments

• 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    I wish, that blink was way cool
  • FearlessJamesFearlessJames Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209849Members
    Yeah,I think they removed it for two reasons.

1.Fades got stuck in map geometry.

2.It wasn't skill based.

Just because it didn't take skill doesn't mean it wasn't cool :C I wish the fade had the current blink AND instant teleport.
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2015
    It was removed because it was incredibly disorienting, and would often put you in a bad spot up against a wall etc.
    It was also very difficult to ascertain where to place yourself precisely from a long distance.. blinking into a spot just out of melee range meant death, if you weren't already being shot at while placing your ghost self / destination.
    Oh! Well I can understand that! I never actually got to play around with it. :blush:
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I'd go as far to say that the original blink teleport was the pre-cursor to the gorge build ability, because it is almost identical in use, haha :D
  • dePARAdePARA Join Date: 2011-04-29 Member: 96321Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited December 2015
    Ah, the good old one man army Fade times.
    How do you want to kill an lifeform that appears suddenly in front of you and disappears after he hit you twice?
    I remember Fades where like an Onos that time, nearly unkillable.

• ZekZek Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 7962Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    Hitreg was really bad at that time, I don't remember that Blink ever being particularly effective. It was extremely difficult to properly line up your attacks while evading, and you couldn't do fly-by swipes like you can today, especially against JPs.
    Yeah,I can understand how it could be difficult. I just wish that I could be like the Fade in the Fade Reveal trailer,with all the teleporting in mid air stuff :blush:
  • meatmachinemeatmachine South England Join Date: 2013-01-06 Member: 177858Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I miss vortexing exos to kill all the marine supports
  • 3X4L73X4L7 Join Date: 2014-06-13 Member: 196510Members
    The teleporting Fade was cool. Target the wall, it teleports you and 180. I'm not sure how maps or this engine is done, but I often wondered why games seems as if there is never a layer just for play area...instead of graphical boundaries? Well, I don't know what I'm talking about, but maybe you've experience the same thought...
    Well,I know this from personal experience in other games and from videos i've watched,sometimes you can get stuck in a wall,or you'll get SUPER disoriented cause one minute your looking this way then the next your in a totally different area! :open_mouth: Kinda like games that let you run SUPER fast,you end up running into walls 95% of the time.

I wish there was some way they could bring it back though :confounded: