Sale or free week-end

ghostdlrghostdlr Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205950Members
Are there any plans for an NS2 Sale or free weekend ?

Comments

• EggOfAwesomeEggOfAwesome Join Date: 2015-01-31 Member: 201139Members
    I don't know. If you don't have the game, you could always look at the generosity page/post.
  • ghostdlrghostdlr Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205950Members
    I just want more players :D .

Usually, there aren't enough players for a game in the morning . (except week-ends)
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    We have had quite a few sales etc, and yes we get a massive influx of players, and then, they are gone again.

It is not selling this game to new players that it needs, it is getting this game fixed so the (many multiple) thousands who already own this game come back and play. Then we can worry about new players.

There is a huge ownership base of NS2, we need more of those to come back and play the game, when it is ready for them to come back and play the game.
    ghostdlr wrote: »

Usually, there aren't enough players for a game in the morning . (except week-ends)

So whats the point of a free-weekend, if there are already enough players at the weekend? :D
  • ghostdlrghostdlr Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205950Members
    edited December 2015
    Is there any way to notify people already owning the game when you make a new update ?

And how much time you think it will take to make the game rookie friendly ?
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    Soul_Rider wrote: »
    We have had quite a few sales etc, and yes we get a massive influx of players, and then, they are gone again.

It is not selling this game to new players that it needs, it is getting this game fixed so the (many multiple) thousands who already own this game come back and play. Then we can worry about new players.

There is a huge ownership base of NS2, we need more of those to come back and play the game, when it is ready for them to come back and play the game.
    ghostdlr wrote: »

So whats the point of a free-weekend, if there are already enough players at the weekend? :D

Those people who had a taste of NS2 at its worst and then uninstalled are never coming back. Unless you are going to offer them some form of skin or gift or something to try it out again...
  • FearlessJamesFearlessJames Join Date: 2015-12-09 Member: 209849Members
    edited December 2015
    I bet NS2 is like a good looking apple that tastes really bad. We gotta grow our apples fresh so that when they eat the apple,they like it and keep eating it! (Do not eat NS2 though.)
  • youdrankityoudrankit Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186632Members
    I bet NS2 is like a good looking apple that tastes really bad. We gotta grow our apples fresh so that when they eat the apple,they like it and keep eating it! (Do not eat NS2 though.)

Because pubstompers dont care about player retention and ruin new player's time
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    edited December 2015
    I don't know the details (no, really, I actually don't) but the Steam Winter Sale should be coming up in a mater of days, right? I'd be surprised if NS2 doesn't have something in there at some point.
  • HurHurGorgeHurHurGorge Finland Join Date: 2015-12-12 Member: 209921Members
    BeigeAlert wrote: »
    Currently, our biggest concern is keeping the rookies that join. We've actually got a pretty steady influx of new players, the problem is they bounce off pretty quickly. :(

There is another game I play that suffers from exact same problem. EVE Online. New players who so used to easy games jump right into EVE or NS2 and get their arses handed to them by vets. I havent played NS2 for long time. Came back not long ago and my reaction was same as my avatars as I started to play. :D
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    I have to agree on the EVE point. Although finding a nice corp really helped me.
    (I dont play anymore due to lack of time.. sadly)
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    The community is toxic, with a culture of crudeness on some servers. You guys need to sort that out or people are going to be driven away. Look at the steam reviews. @Hugh @rantology you guys should probably work on this more than anything else, or all the hard work of the CDT and NS2DT will be for nothing.
  • joshhhjoshhh Milwaukee, WI Join Date: 2011-06-21 Member: 105717Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester
    Why are you @ing rant on that post lol. Also how are going to regulate toxic players? Server moderation is the only real way to even start to fix that and UWE doesn't own any of the servers that people play on.

Although I have encountered a few toxic people, I have never thought of this community as a 'toxic' one.
  • youdrankityoudrankit Join Date: 2013-08-07 Member: 186632Members
    joshhh wrote: »
    Why are you @ing rant on that post lol. Also how are going to regulate toxic players? Server moderation is the only real way to even start to fix that and UWE doesn't own any of the servers that people play on.

Although I have encountered a few toxic people, I have never thought of this community as a 'toxic' one.
    Funny a toxic player is talking about server moderation.
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    youdrankit wrote: »
    joshhh wrote: »

Funny a toxic player is talking about server moderation.
    lol this kid