Few questions from a returning vet..

CartiCarti Join Date: 2003-07-12 Member: 18099Members, Constellation
edited December 2015 in New Player Forum
Hi everyone.

I thought I'd come back to the game after a very, very long hiatus. Before, I played with the [FFT] clan under my old alias 'Cartman2b' and helped out with Natural Selection Radio DJ'ing. I must say reading my forum posts from my 13 year old self is incredibly cringeworthy :)

I must ask the following questions as I'm keen to get back into this game for the long run.

1) What ever happened to the Linuxmonster/ReadyRoom.org communites. These servers were fantastic! Are they under new names?
2) How active is the competitive scene these days?
3) Can I have my purple guide icon back? :^)
4) Is IRC still active?

Comments

• GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited December 2015
    Welcome back to the party ;)

1) No idea what exactly happened but some of the largest ns1 communities didn't really make it to ns2 sadly.
    2) The competitive scene has seen better days but is still quiet active under http://www.ensl.org/
    3) Many of the old badges got lost with the forum software upgrade. I fear one of those was the guide badge.
    4) The IRC channels hasn't been really alive for the last 2.5 years. We started using discord lately so if you want to chat feel free to join the official ns2 server.