Disable marine request from people on your screen as marine com

WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
As an alright (if not better) marine com I constantly keep a look on my marines in order to drop them med packs.
So would it be possible to have an optional option that disable requests for the people that is already on your screen?
If possible this would help to reduce the spam in pub servers. And in comp it could greatly help when you have multiple engagements happening at the same time. As you will only hear request for the ones you can't see.
The downside to this is that you also have to pay more attention to what is going on on your screen.

Comments

• Legend_BossLegend_Boss UK Join Date: 2014-02-27 Member: 194394Members
    There should be a button to mute request from certain players which can be activated the same way as muting a person voice/chat. This would be great to deal with the few players that run around spamming request
  • WoehlerWoehler Join Date: 2013-10-13 Member: 188684Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow
    There should be a button to mute request from certain players which can be activated the same way as muting a person voice/chat. This would be great to deal with the few players that run around spamming request

I know about that function. And it's clearly not what I'm asking about.
  • ball2hiball2hi Join Date: 2012-10-22 Member: 163128Members
    Woehler wrote: »
    And in comp it could greatly help when you have multiple engagements happening at the same time. As you will only hear request for the ones you can't see.
    I've honestly never had a problem with this in both competitive play commanding and 24slot (12v12) commanding. I think you simply need to raise your APM and awareness to be honest. Still though... an option(Off by default) would be good for those that want it.