When the onos start evolving even more..

umdum9umdum9 London ON. Join Date: 2015-01-24 Member: 201013Members
edited November 2015 in NS2 General Discussion
When your day go from bad to horrible.

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    umdum9 wrote: »

They're getting smarter...

Also, why didn't you get on the robot in the corner???
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    hovering and wall walking Oni are the next step
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    I would of gotten on the yellow pipe on the ceiling that you were right next to at the 32 second mark.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2015
    Nordic wrote: »
    I would of gotten on the yellow pipe on the ceiling that you were right next to at the 32 second mark.

Same, perfect 20-20 hindsight :tongue:

Although that Fade...
  • umdum9umdum9 London ON. Join Date: 2015-01-24 Member: 201013Members
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

They're getting smarter...

Also, why didn't you get on the robot in the corner???

The creator of the map made the giant robots hit box on a slant and a little taller then it appeared to be for some reason, if you where to go to it and try to land on it you would slide down.

I know, when I was editing I realized I had quite a variety of escape options. Sadly I was in a panic at the time and was not looking around.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited November 2015
    Kouji_San wrote: »

Although that Fade...

Was there a fade? Ya, I would of died to the fade then.

I know, when I was editing I realized I had quite a variety of escape options. Sadly I was in a panic at the time and was not looking around.
    That panic is what can make ns2 so fun.

Although that Fade...

Yup, it was what killed me. I probably would have escaped the onos if that fade was not there.
  • BensonBenson Join Date: 2012-03-07 Member: 148303Members, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    What, your afraid of two gigantic Space Rhino-Gorrillas hell bent on finding out what your inside's look like?

well..putting it that way....COMMENCE THE PANIC!
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited November 2015
    You can fly and crouch on the yellow pipe to save yourself from the onos

Edit: In the video at 0:33 you can see the pipe
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    wooza wrote: »

Thought about that to!
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow

If I was commander, I would of beaconed your ass straight outta there, purely for the predicament you were in.

Leave no man behind!
  • SupaDupaNoodleSupaDupaNoodle Join Date: 2003-01-12 Member: 12232Members
    After watching the ns2 vid, I ended up watching a Star Wars trailer breakdown video.

Although that Fade...

That is exactly what happened to me yesterday, vid uploading in a few hehehe

Even if I did do that, nothing would have saved me from the fade except a desperate dash to the base.

Even if I did do that, nothing would have saved me from the fade except a desperate dash to the base.

It would've been over in the blink of an eye...
  • tudytudy Germany Join Date: 2014-06-10 Member: 196468Members, Squad Five Blue
    Reminds me of how I boosted as an Onos Neoken's Onos to reach a Marine in the ceiling in one of our latest PCWs. His reaction - "rly?" was priceless...