Commander Star Hive Ranking

digitaldigital Join Date: 2011-01-30 Member: 79669Members
edited November 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
I would love to see a commander ranking system in which people are offered to vote on the quality of their experience under a commander at the end of the round. The best commander would be a five star, the worst a one star.

This should not be a full history ranking, but perhaps only the last ten experiences and only for games that last a certain amount of time with a minimum amount of players.

Comments

• Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    I aggre but this would put a lot of preasure on new players and experienced one's as they would allways have to commander doe the public preasure....
  • DecoyDecoy Join Date: 2012-09-11 Member: 159037Members, Super Administrators, Playtest Lead, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts, Retired Community Developer
    edited November 2015
    I agree in some ways. Having a way to rate players would be great, but not quite how you described

Instead of rating people with stars, there should be an option to give commendations. I'm not sure if you've ever played CS:GO or Dota 2 or anything, but you have the option to commend people for being: Friendly, Forgiving, Leading, & Teaching. That way instead of people ranking the commanders (or anyone in game) based on personal reasons, you can only tell them what they did well. I think it would be more stressful if I had a 5-star rating to get into the chair. What if people rated me poorly because I missed my medpacks or went arms lab first instead of PG first and they didn't like it? You should only be able to commend each person once (so your friends can't just spam repeatedly to get you the rewards)

If the backend Hive system gets rebuilt, it would be awesome to include this. Then if you get a certain number of commendations (like 15 friendly commendations or whatever) you get a simple badge. The more commends you get, the more it can 'rank up' to different colors (bronze, silver, gold, etc). Same thing with leading, teaching, and forgiving.

At the end of the day, you don't want to be telling players "Hey, you suck at this.", you want to be rewarding them for the things they do well and give them incentive to get better in certain ways