Cyclops. What to do?

EpicNameJamesEpicNameJames London Join Date: 2015-10-23 Member: 208692Members

Hi,

I am pretty new to the game and recently gathered all the recourses needed to build my first Cyclops which looks fantastic! One thing I am struggling with though, I cannot seem to figure out what to really do with it? The Seamoth is awesome to explore with and you can get through all of the tight spots down to the deeper areas of the ocean but I am struggling to find a purpose for the Cyclops. What do you guys use it for? Is it more of a mobile base of operations?

Comments

• Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    in survivor mod you can't explore all the biom with the Seamoth. you need the Cycloop to go on deep biomes like "Grand Reef" or the deeper island of " Underwater Islands" or futur Biomes Like "Lava Cave"
  • EpicNameJamesEpicNameJames London Join Date: 2015-10-23 Member: 208692Members

Thanks Chris, looks like I need to get out of my comfort zone and go exploring more! Cheers!
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    edited October 2015
    @EpicNamejames : look on the internet or steam you find a lot of guide for the game (biomes, map etc...)
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    You can use it as a mobile base/gigantic storage locker. That's what I do with it anyway.
  • TigatronTigatron Latvia Join Date: 2015-11-17 Member: 209319Members
    Why cant you explore with seamoth the deeper areas? Just stuff it with modules and you're set to go. The only usage for cyclopes at the moment is, as crane476 said, a large mobile storage. I have filled mine with many cargo holds, and travel to certain biomes to gather resources in greater ammounts, like scrap metal, salt or quartz.
  • TydalTydal Join Date: 2015-11-15 Member: 209277Members
    The Cyclops is awesome, just take it everywhere.
  • TrystTryst UK Join Date: 2015-05-03 Member: 204138Members
    edited November 2015
    Tigatron wrote: »
    Why cant you explore with seamoth the deeper areas? Just stuff it with modules and you're set to go. The only usage for cyclopes at the moment is, as crane476 said, a large mobile storage. I have filled mine with many cargo holds, and travel to certain biomes to gather resources in greater ammounts, like scrap metal, salt or quartz.

The problem with that is there isn't a great deal to do with all those resources right now. Once you've built the the Cyclops and a base, that's pretty much it until we get some scientific updates so we can analyse stuff and experiment with putting ingredients together to see what comes out.

I'd love to see a modular sub that we can build to look however we want and has the ability to have modules for certain tasks built on by you. Take it apart and reassemble it to make something else entirely or remove certain modules and put others on for a different task. Have a sleek and fast, torpedo like sub or a much slower brick with an engine but with a lot more modules on it, the choice is yours.

It would also give a good reason to have a much larger moon pool that we can park the cyclops in or build the other sub in.
  • BullvayneBullvayne france Join Date: 2015-11-24 Member: 209453Members
    Hi ... i use my Cyclop as a Cargo ... i put it on center of a biome .. .and i find ressources around ... when my Cyclop Lockers are full ... i go back to my SubaquaBase :)