Refillable energy cell and cyclops base

ed155ed155 tr Join Date: 2015-11-11 Member: 209171Members
edited November 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
Refillable or auto-refillable cells or some kind filler base can be good i expect 3x costly also moonpool for cyclops

Comments

• LordDerpLordDerp Netherlands Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207871Members
    ed155 wrote: »
    moonpool for cyclops
    No. Please no. Not a entire moonpool for that thing. Would be far too big. I think the current moonpool is already kind of pushing it as for the size of a single module. A tube via which you could connect the Cyclops would be a better idea IMHO
    Refillable or auto-refillable cells or some kind filler base can be good i expect 3x costly
    I agree on the refilling part. I think you should be able to put them in some kind of charger dock. But I think it shouldn't be extremely expensive in terms of power, I think the same way as the Seamoth gets charged via a moonpool would be a good way of doing it.
  • ed155ed155 tr Join Date: 2015-11-11 Member: 209171Members
    moonpool for cyclops... lets forget it but some cyclops extensions can be good esspecially some kind of generator thing
  • TigatronTigatron Latvia Join Date: 2015-11-17 Member: 209319Members
    A simple landing platform would suffice, doesn't have to be larger than the standard foundation, it would simply function as a fueling platform where cyclops would simply land when approached. It would be built separately from the base, since cyclops require enough space, and when built the platform would clear the area around it so cyclops can land, and if any other buildings would be in the way of the area, you cant build it.
    But the energy consumption when charged would be greater than it is for moonpool, we are talking about refueling cyclops after all, like 20 points of energy to charge 10 points of battery.
  • Monkey_MacMonkey_Mac Join Date: 2015-11-10 Member: 209147Members
    How about large magnetic docking clamps, that attach to the side of the hull. Then add an entrance next to the pilots wheel.
  • Enderguy059Enderguy059 Australia Join Date: 2015-10-15 Member: 208486Members
    LordDerp wrote: »
    moonpool for cyclops
    No. Please no. Not a entire moonpool for that thing. Would be far too big. I think the current moonpool is already kind of pushing it as for the size of a single module. A tube via which you could connect the Cyclops would be a better idea IMHO
    Refillable or auto-refillable cells or some kind filler base can be good i expect 3x costly
    I agree on the refilling part. I think you should be able to put them in some kind of charger dock. But I think it shouldn't be extremely expensive in terms of power, I think the same way as the Seamoth gets charged via a moonpool would be a good way of doing it.

You know those old power cell bricks that were replaced by the solar panels etc.? We could re-purpose those as power cell chargers.
  • Eddie894Eddie894 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-10-27 Member: 208795Members
    edited November 2015
    Yes for cyclops moonpool/hangar.
  • Chris01Chris01 95050 Join Date: 2015-11-19 Member: 209347Members
    Well there are the three power cells, which are self recharging in the escape pod. Could duplicate those, maybe using the workbench,
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    edited November 2015
    A base docking collar and recharging facility is all that's really needed.

There's plenty of scope to make it look fancy (holographic approach lights, auto-docking sequence, etc.) , and it could be achieved by using slightly altered base component models.

I'd suggest using a modified version of the basic Habitation Dome as a docking station. Shouldn't take a great deal of effort to implement.