Are there any plans to make the game playable on an ultra-wide monitor?

dienerinlbdienerinlb US Join Date: 2015-09-12 Member: 207909Members
Right now this game is completely unplayable on an ultra-wide monitor. If you play full screen, the mouse is misaligned and you can't click any buttons. If you play windowed, then you're constantly clicking off of the window, and the bottom of the window is stuck below the bottom of the screen. Are there any plans to fix this?

Comments

• dienerinlbdienerinlb US Join Date: 2015-09-12 Member: 207909Members
    So the answer to this question is no, I guess.
  • ArcheagusArcheagus Texas Join Date: 2015-09-18 Member: 208006Members
    I think they have fixed this since then, but if not, just launch the game in 2560x1440 (if you're using a 3440x1440 monitor) in Windowed mode, then use Alt-Enter to switch to fullscreen after the game loads fully (do not switch during the load screen). Works perfect for me that way.
  • Squeal_Like_A_PigSqueal_Like_A_Pig Janitor Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 66Members, Super Administrators, NS1 Playtester, NS2 Developer, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Silver, Subnautica Developer
    We have ultra wide resolutions working. One thing that currently breaks is the diving mask, but we have some ideas for how to make it work for all resolutions. In the meantime we just added the ability press F6 to disable just the mask and keep the rest of the HUD elements, so you can play that way (in experimental branch - you might have to hit F6 a few times to get the right option, since it cycles through a few different configurations)
  • VandragoraxVandragorax United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-02-24 Member: 201533Members, Subnautica Playtester
    Had my new X34 monitor about 2 weeks now and pretty bummed out that I can't play SN on it very well at 3440x1440 due to the diving mask visual. I'm afraid that pressing F6 doesn't help because it either shows all the HUD and diving mask, or no diving mask and no HUD. There doesn't seem to be an option to keep the HUD but just hide the mask overlay.