Diseases and Viruses!?!!?!?

RustyRangeRustyRange Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207955Members
Everyone is Forgetting this one thing...

If you're on an Alien world crawling with undersea Creatures, Can't you get Diseases and Viruses Transmitted from them!?!??!
If this was in the game if would be more of a Challenge.

Forcing you to Research the Viruses and Diseases and work towards a Cure for you're self and the Creatures.
This could be used in many ways, Including You to get the Natural Resources from the Ocean floor to find the Cure or even extract the Virus from the Creature (Via Blood to Find Origin)

This also could include sorts of Machines/objects to get involved like, Microscopes, Some sort of Encyclopedia for New Viruses and Diseases after you Cure them, it will appear on the encyclopedia and if you get it again you can make the Cure again.

Maybe the Viruses and Diseases can Travel on the Plants on the Island or be Airborne or Waterborne? It can Mutate Creatures?
What is your Guys' Opinions on this? Let me know!

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    I disagree. There's enough to be contending with already, without creating more reasons to be killed. If everybody had their way in the game you'd die as soon as you stepped out of the life pod >.<
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Actually, it would be highly unlikely that you would even be genetically able to contract diseases from an alien planet. Most diseases are specified to only a few types of cells, so even if the disease got into your bloodstream, it wouldn't do anything.

A good example is, try to imagine a monkey contracting HIV or human influenza. Due to the exact patterns and specializations of the pathogens, it would do sweet FA.
  • RustyRangeRustyRange Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207955Members
    edited November 2015
    Myrm wrote: »
    I disagree. There's enough to be contending with already, without creating more reasons to be killed. If everybody had their way in the game you'd die as soon as you stepped out of the life pod >.<

I'm not saying that everybody had their own way in the game. I'm simply just bringing up the Fact that everyone is forgetting about Diseases and Viruses. If there is water and Food, there is life, and when there is Life there has to be some bacteria >.<

Its also just being more of a Challenge. Like a Option in the Menu not apart of the real game xD