Some ideas

AlexHoundAlexHound St. Peterburg Join Date: 2015-10-23 Member: 208694Members
I wish to tell my regards to the developers: Guys, you are making a real masterpiece! Thanks for your game!
I have a few ideas for future releases:

1) Rechargeable battaries.
Men of the future are forget about the charger device? Really? What could be simpler than a
charger device? We can charge the Seampth batteries
in a Cyclops dock or in a Moon pool, but can`t make rechargeable batteries for Seaglide or other device? )
At the same time, in fact, all the batteries are rechargeable, because they can be charged by fins.
The charger will not make our lives easier , but will makes the game more realistic (but less annoying).
IMHO, a tough guy with a bunch of submarine bases and vehicles should not think about: "Shit, where can I get some cooper?"
Alternatively, you can make the restriction the number of recharges. All battaries "dies" after all.

2) Food production.
We have a device, that can make things using just some piles of atoms ) Why it can't be upgraded to make food (like nutrient blocks) out of some
organic materials? Seafarming is great, but I think that if you grow it - it doesn't mean you can eat it without processing. Or, you can eat it, but be
ready to have some problems )

3) Mapping device
We have some sort of futuristic PDA. IMHO, coarse triangulation can be made by using the husks of Aurora, rescue pod anf if we drop our first beacon.
Compass is needed when you are in caves, and a signal is blocked (By the way, i think, that it will be great to do). More beacons - more precise
the map will be.

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    AlexHound wrote: »
    What could be simpler than a
    charger device?

I can name quite a few things simpler than a battery-charging station...

That aside, I like all three ideas there.
    We definitely need to be able to recharge batteries. I mean, if that solar panel can support my entire freaking base, why can't it charge up a power cell for one tiny submersible?
    Food production is a must to survive in-game. I, personally, don't want to spend the amount of time for my hunger to degrade by 20%, to catch a fish that refills it by 12%. It just ends up as an endless downward spiral into "you're screwed."
    Maps. Why the heck not? I mean, I can understand not having a GPS (no satellites in orbit), but it's not difficult to program a device to take scans of the contours of terrain. I mean, the SeaMoth already does that with sonar. Why not?
  • AlexHoundAlexHound St. Peterburg Join Date: 2015-10-23 Member: 208694Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    charger device?

Feel free to name it. Wires, connectors, some sort of inverters as I can imagine? I wish that the game will be more complex, but not so "unrealistic".

We definitely need to be able to recharge batteries. I mean, if that solar panel can support my entire freaking base, why can't it charge up a power cell for one tiny submersible?
    Food production is a must to survive in-game. I, personally, don't want to spend the amount of time for my hunger to degrade by 20%, to catch a fish that refills it by 12%. It just ends up as an endless downward spiral into "you're screwed."

Creative-mode is not an option ) I spoke about surviveval or hardmode )

Maps. Why the heck not? I mean, I can understand not having a GPS (no satellites in orbit), but it's not difficult to program a device to take scans of the contours of terrain. I mean, the SeaMoth already does that with sonar. Why not?

Agreed )

• AlexHoundAlexHound St. Peterburg Join Date: 2015-10-23 Member: 208694Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    charger device?

I was spoken about survival and hardmode only. No offence, but Creative mode is for Minecraft (i love it)

Simple - as a traveller you`ll try to maka a map ) Just to have an chfnce to return righit in to your base )

• tettignotettigno Hungary Join Date: 2015-10-25 Member: 208733Members
    IMHO, there should be normal batteries, and rechargeable ones (we call them accumulators) rechargeable ones should be researched first, and both should be more costly. But you could not fin-charge normal batteries. So whenever my welder's battery goes depleted, i have to either create a new battery (with the increased cost) or put it into the recharger on the wall for like 5-10mins. Which would mean you could have 2 pieces of every item: one on the charger while the recharged one with you. Like in reality. With the small exception that nowdays you can't recharge a battery in 5-10 mins, and weld with it for 5 mins.
    Power cells on the other hand are rechargeable by default, but I'd dramatically increase their cost. (included in the Seamoth cost too ofc.) Otherwise I just get 4 mushrooms, 2 silver and 1 silicone rubber(2quartz) , and done. I mean...seriously which part is hard to get from those? They are everywhere.
    But if they cost
    5 mushrooms+2silver+1titanium /normal battery, (+1lithium, for lithium battery, since it is in the language file, but I haven't found it yet ingame) and
    10mushrooms+4silver+2lithium+1titanium, for the rechargeable one. The power cell would need
    4 rechargeable batteries(4x above)+4rubbers+basic wiring, or at least some copper wires to actually connect the parts. The recharger could need
    1computer chip+1advanced wiring+2titanium+1glass (and would need a decent base power to work efficiently)
    Now THAT would slow our progress down a bit.
    I mean the real fight for material ends when you create 1 mobile vehicle bay, 1Seamoth, 1Cyclops(this takes a bit longer, but getting the lithium is an easy pie with Seamoth)
    After this point, you only need to hoard the titanium for a massive base... but why? Cyclops is a moving base, so you only need a small one with a moonpool for upgrades, and 1-2 rooms full of lockers, a fabricator, workbench, fish tank(for decoration, since using the heat blade almost eliminates its need)

In this game, at the start you have to suffer a bit, but once you get some silver, you are OK. Which is BAD I think.
    Getting items in order, as:
    2tanks
    small storage cube
    fins
    knife
    sea glide
    builder
    a seabase (1basefundament,1room,1hatch1solarcell) just to house the---
    fragment analiser --->seamoth analize
    constructor
    seamoth
    rebreather
    rad suit
    workbench
    ultra glide fins
    high capacity tanks(both)

To get to this point, you only need
    42Titanium (11scrapmetals) 5-10mins
    35Quartz (takes some time, but it is easy to spot during night hours) max 45mins
    15Copper(involves some rock breaking, but nothing serious) 30mins
    12Silver (after you get the seaglide, which only needs 4 copper as a special, it is a piece of cake, just go to the red grass area) 15mins
    6Creepvine clusters (yay,...lurkers....maybe, but 3-4 swings on them with the knife, and they flee) 5mins
    12Acid mushrooms (not an issue) 1min
    6Tablecoral (uhhh) 5mins

Which is 2/3 of the current progression limit. in say 1hr with massive amounts of sightseeing. I find it too short.
  • tettignotettigno Hungary Join Date: 2015-10-25 Member: 208733Members
    Oh, well, I realized we'd need normal powercells too to reach the lithium for the rechargeable ones.
    I have never tried reaching them without a seamoth, maybe this will be my next challenge :P Yayyy, some adventure with a scare potential.
    I wonder how many seconds of air I'd need to reach -250 ish depth, break some stones, get the lithium(even if i get 1-2 only) and get back to surface again.
    Rebreather is a must here. of course. I am guessing 30-30secs just the down-up journey, and another30secs at least the mining with some extra air, meaning 3 normal tanks and a rebreather could do the trick. Does not sound impossible.
    We need damn bottlenecks that slows our progression down from time to time. Things that actually need preparation, because once you have the seamoth, its up to 1knife, 2air tanks, a rebreather, maybe a rad suit to get all the rest of the materials, which should not be so.