Music Player in bases

RevivedShadowRevivedShadow Australia Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206468Members
I was listening to some Subnautica music on soundcloud (it's here) and I thought it would be cool to have these playing in my base with some sort of music player module. You could put it somewhere and choose a song and play it when ever you are in your base. It should only be able to play a few songs (such as the one used in the seamoth update video, which isn't actually in game), not biome specific ones. I could have my own disco... alone on an alien planet.
I'm not sure if they want to have this as well as music dlc, but it would be pretty nice.

Comments

• Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    or creat a simple file wher you can put you own music (MP3)
  • ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    I could have my own disco... alone on an alien planet.

But that woud be sooo sad :disappointed::dizzy:

Idea is very cool but I doubt the devs would produce music only for such purpose. Mayby the solution with your own music would be the best, as @Chris1217 said.

What about taking it as far as reproducing the music from in-game speakers? Maybe the player would have to place special speakers throughout the base to be able to hear it? Is it too much? :D
  • BugzapperBugzapper Australia Join Date: 2015-03-06 Member: 201744Members
    I seem to recall something about Subnautica's music tracks already being available for download somewhere.
    Not certain if the purchase of a specific 'Premium' version was required, though.

There's some decent atmospheric music in this game. Wouldn't mind being able to secure a legitimate download of it.

Anyone willing to offer any further insights on this?
  • Chris1217Chris1217 Meyrin (Geneva) Join Date: 2015-10-14 Member: 208476Members
    One does not exclude the other.
  • RevivedShadowRevivedShadow Australia Join Date: 2015-07-28 Member: 206468Members
    Bugzapper wrote: »
    I seem to recall something about Subnautica's music tracks already being available for download somewhere.
    Not certain if the purchase of a specific 'Premium' version was required, though.

There's some decent atmospheric music in this game. Wouldn't mind being able to secure a legitimate download of it.

Anyone willing to offer any further insights on this?

I know they plan to make a deluxe edition which has steam music and anyone who owns the game before a certain point will get it. It also heard that those who got Subnautica via the humble bundle got some tracks. There is also some on Subnautica's youtube channel and soundcloud.
    The 'music box' could function in a similar way as the picture frame. You can drop your own music in and make playlists, but there should be some music by default.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    I love this idea. I mean, all of the game's music is absolutely amazing... in the right situations. What if I'm walking around in my base, and suddenly it decides to throw dramatic music at me? In my base, I'd prefer more... calm, soothing music.

Giving the option to add music from other sources wouldn't hurt. In fact, I'd love to play some of my favorite music in-game.

Maybe you can make it as an item, similar to the Constructor. Then, you can either place it in your base, to play music throughout the entire base whenever you're in it... or use the Workbench. Put this "music box" item on the workbench, make it a 1x1 inventory-slot item that can be used at any time. Like an Ipod.
    The_Shark wrote: »

Giving the option to add music from other sources wouldn't hurt. In fact, I'd love to play some of my favorite music in-game.

Yeaaa i dream about listening to "Yellow submarine" by "The Beatles" when im playing.....Sorry i'm out....
    edited October 2015
    Suggested sample playlist:

'Yellow Submarine' - The Beatles.
    'One Of Our Submarines' - Thomas Dolby.
    'Under Pressure' - Queen & David Bowie.
    'Calypso' - John Denver.
    'Volcano' - Jimmy Buffett.
    'Highwayman' - The Highwaymen.
    'Cool Change' - Little River Band.
    'Margaritaville' - Jimmy Buffett.
    'Surfin' USA' - The Beach Boys.
    'Banana Boat Song' (Daaaaay-Oh!) - Harry Belafonte.
    'Jonah Man Jazz' - Michael Hurd.
    'The Crush' - Miracle Of Sound (Gavin Dunn).
    'Spanish Ladies' - Traditional sea shanty.
    'Six Months In A Leaky Boat' - Split Enz.
    'Supernature' - Cerrone.
    'Radioactivity' - Kraftwerk.

Please feel free to add to this list; as you undoubtedly will. :)
    edited October 2015
    Leviathan - Alestorm (Scotland Metal band all their play liste hare pirate song cover)
    C'est pas l'homme qui prend la mer - Renaud (french)
    Beyond the Sea - Benny Goodman (cover of "La Mer" from Charles Trenet (french)
    Master of Tides - Lindsey Stirling

and of course : Under the sea - Disney's Little mermaid song.....OK i'm out again.
    D'oh!

Missed a couple of obvious ones:

'Down Among The Dead Men' - Flash and The Pan.
    'Rock Lobster' - The B-52s.
    'Rocket Man' - Elton John.
    'Stingray' - The Barry Gray Orchestra.
    'Sailing' - Rod Stewart.
    'The Downeaster Alexa' - Billy Joel.
    'Beastie' - Jethro Tull.
    D'oh!

Missed a couple of obvious ones:

is an endless list their is thousand and thousand song about the sea.

• Koosh91Koosh91 Join Date: 2015-10-04 Member: 208296Members
    I say that this is a very clever idea, but unfortunately the Devs have nothing to indicate that this will be implemented. Good idea though! :)
    Easiest possible solution...

Burn a Subnautica Mix disc of your favourite sea shanties and play them in the background.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    Easiest possible solution...

Burn a Subnautica Mix disc of your favourite sea shanties and play them in the background.

GENIUS!
    How did nobody think of this sooner?
  • Eddie894Eddie894 United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-10-27 Member: 208795Members
    Nice idea. Maybe constructing the music player into your base (Or submarine, or outside etc.) And when you left-click onto it you can import music from your computer and save it onto the player, and then listen to that, or listen to existing subnautica tracks already saved onto the music player.

Also, listening to a music player within range (And by that I mean, inside the base it is playing from, or within a radius of it at sea) cuts out any already playing music from the game itself.