NS2:Combat Gather Steam group.

Locke504Locke504 Join Date: 2010-04-23 Member: 71511Members, NS2 Map Tester
Hi everyone,

Since the balance patch and price drop released, we've been organizing and playing games of combat just about every day. To help facilitate information about when games are being played I've created this steam group.

Invites will now be sent out when we're forming up through the group. This is a really good way for us to get some games in and build up an active community of players.

If you're looking to play some combat, join up. =D

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/combatgather

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    edited October 2015
    Beige will be happy to devour every one of you with his lerk.
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
  • simbasimba Join Date: 2012-05-06 Member: 151628Members
    Link to a change log for said balance patch? Checked their forums/webpage and there's nothing.
  • _Grendel__Grendel_ Join Date: 2015-05-07 Member: 204238Members
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    played once with a couple from the group, game is horribly unbalanced & broken, recommend it if you're all for casual mindless fun.
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Nownow, its not that bad anymore.
    It got a lot better since this patch. Many months and patches ago I didnt truly have that much fun with it yet.
    I can have fun now.
  • Locke504Locke504 Join Date: 2010-04-23 Member: 71511Members, NS2 Map Tester
    Lamb wrote: »
    played once with a couple from the group, game is horribly unbalanced & broken, recommend it if you're all for casual mindless fun.

Thanks for checking it out yesterday. There are certainly still some areas where balance needs improving. The developers are already working on some changes based on feedback since the last patch released. If I remember you had left before the server really got rolling. At least some of the balance issues were a result of the number of players we had at the time.

Also, I can't speak for anyone else, but I've always enjoyed Combat because it was sort of mindless fun. =P
  • LamboLambo Iceland Join Date: 2012-08-07 Member: 154915Members, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Locke504 wrote: »
    Lamb wrote: »

Thanks for checking it out yesterday. There are certainly still some areas where balance needs improving. The developers are already working on some changes based on feedback since the last patch released. If I remember you had left before the server really got rolling. At least some of the balance issues were a result of the number of players we had at the time.

Also, I can't speak for anyone else, but I've always enjoyed Combat because it was sort of mindless fun. =P

I left because 80% of the server was in the RR talking about China and what not, it was a 2v2 for several minutes & they were both whining about balance.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    NS2:Combat is a dead game. And I hate it coz it was huge fun first few days after release. Now it's just impossible to even get any players at any time of the day :(
  • NordicNordic Long term camping in Kodiak Join Date: 2012-05-13 Member: 151995Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2015
    RejZoR wrote: »
    NS2:Combat is a dead game. And I hate it coz it was huge fun first few days after release. Now it's just impossible to even get any players at any time of the day :(

I am not saying it has tons of players. It it really does look bleak. Have you not seen several in this thread say there have been games almost nightly? I joined that combat gather group mentioned earlier, and I have been getting invites almost every night and twice a day on the weekends.

If you look at the steam charts you will see that so few people play combat, but that they also play almost every night. http://steamcharts.com/app/310110

Maybe you can't find a game because you live in EU, and I mean every night NA. Join the gather group if you really want to play combat. They will let you know when they have a game going. It is not truly impossible.
  • RejZoRRejZoR Slovenia Join Date: 2013-09-24 Member: 188450Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    edited October 2015
    It doesn't matter, I've fired up NS2 Combat in the m orning, afternoon, evening and even night (my local time) and there were 2 servers and 0 players. Like WTF!?

And even if I join US people, how enjoyable is it playing against people from another continent with pings beyond 150ms?

EDIT:
    Joined the group, lets see how that goes... Would certainly like to play this game again, because it was quite fun.
    edited October 2015
    Looking at steamcharts it looks like ns2:combat is most played between 16:00 and 20:00, but I do not know what timezone. I am assuming PST because that is my timezone.

Playing on EU servers isn't too bad for me. I get about 150 ping. Most US servers I get over 100 ping already.
    So, 12:00 till 16:00 CET time. Hm. I guess I'll try it right after I get from job... never tried that.
  • develdevel Join Date: 2014-09-13 Member: 198444Members
    Does it work on Linux?

Valve is messing currently with the OS support icons, so it's hard to tell.
  • FursFurs Join Date: 2013-09-20 Member: 188365Members, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    why setup a gather site like http://gathers.ensl.org/ that might work better then a steamgroup. :)
    Yay, played like 3 rounds with bunch of guys who probably gathered through the group. It was nice :) It's 1:40 AM now and I have to go to sleep. Work at 8:00 AM hehe
    You guys really need to change the schedule if you want Europeans to play with ya. All I got was 1 guy for 1 vs 1 and later someone else joined. It was fun, but not as fun as when it's a group of people. 2 AM with work at 6 AM just doesn't work too well...

Or at least be active during weekend time more since it's more forgivable as far as work goes. Have been lurking around all weekend and no one was playing. Now, from Sunday to Monday, you do. Ugh :P
  • Saffron_bakerSaffron_baker Sweden Join Date: 2015-06-09 Member: 205352Members
    I Wanna try this but i don't have the money at the moment....
    Really feels one-sided if people know how to abuse the overpowered abilities, don't really want to play until balance fixes.
    RejZoR wrote: »
    You guys really need to change the schedule if you want Europeans to play with ya. All I got was 1 guy for 1 vs 1 and later someone else joined. It was fun, but not as fun as when it's a group of people. 2 AM with work at 6 AM just doesn't work too well...

Or at least be active during weekend time more since it's more forgivable as far as work goes. Have been lurking around all weekend and no one was playing. Now, from Sunday to Monday, you do. Ugh :P

@rejzor and @yojimbo

If you feel the gather group is not catering to the times you can play, then make your own announcements during EU prime time. Or even better yet, a time good for NA and EU. The ns2:combat gather group is open for anyone to make an announcement. Feel free to organize games in your own timezone.

Just use common sense and don't spam it all day.

There are 144 members currently. Invite more EU players who own combat. Organize an event and have some fun playing combat.

When/if i buy Combat will i get all those props and texture's in spark editor?
    If so are you allowed to do anything with them on spark? Like publish the maps and so on?
  • GhoulofGSG9GhoulofGSG9 Join Date: 2013-03-31 Member: 184566Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter, Pistachionauts
    edited November 2015
    lussebull wrote: »
    When/if i buy Combat will i get all those props and texture's in spark editor?
    If so are you allowed to do anything with them on spark? Like publish the maps and so on?

Yes but to answer your possible "real" question: Without permission by FLG you are not allowed to publish mods using combat assets in the NS2 workshop. However you are free to publish them in the combat workshop.
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue

I have 5 keys for Combat, so if you want one let me know. Also if there is other people that would like to check it out just contact me
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    wooza wrote: »

I have 5 keys for Combat, so if you want one let me know. Also if there is other people that would like to check it out just contact me

I swear you must be a drug dealer or some kind, you've been giving away games nearly everyday for an entire month.... A games dealer?
  • PelargirPelargir Join Date: 2013-07-02 Member: 185857Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, WC 2013 - Silver, Forum staff
    Yojimbo wrote: »

I swear you must be a drug dealer or some kind, you've been giving away games nearly everyday for an entire month.... A games dealer?

He's a philanthropist. :D
    edited November 2015

That would be Amazing are you sure you wanna do that?
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    Makes me wonder also how rich @Wooza is. :p
    Then again, running that many 24+ slot servers must require quite a dose of strong hardware (and thus finances also), so its not surprising.
    (hey, regardless if I agree with the performance of those servers or not, THEY RUN. And not in negative performance, which is still quite impressive. :P )

Even if folk do not agree with his server sizes, gotta admit wooza does a lot for this community with his servers & game gifting. B)
  • woozawooza Switzerland Join Date: 2013-11-21 Member: 189496Members, Squad Five Blue
    Credits with the combat keys goes to @rusty. He gave me them long time ago, i just waited to gift them when there is more ppl playing. :)

There is still 4 keys left, write me when someone wants to play it
  • YojimboYojimbo England Join Date: 2009-03-19 Member: 66806Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Shadow
    Credits with the combat keys goes to @rusty. He gave me them long time ago, i just waited to gift them when there is more ppl playing. :)

There is still 4 keys left, write me when someone wants to play it

You still haven't answered the question... are you a games dealer?
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    @wooza when are we going to see the 40-slot combat server? :)