Steam Workshop Support

EV!L_PANDAEV!L_PANDA Join Date: 2015-09-16 Member: 207975Members
I know that having a workshop isn't really great for a game like Subnautica, but I do believe that some great things could come from this community. We have already seen great artwork so what really stops the artists from letting people interact and use their art in game? This would be an incredible addition to the game, and would take a bit of weight off the developer's backs.

Comments

• MarutMarut nonya-buzniz Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207866Members
    This seems like a definite must, good call.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited September 2015
    Nope. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Mods at this point would only harm the game's development.
    Literally any suggestion or bug would no longer be up to the devs to add or fix, but would instead be replied to with "Let the modders fix it!" or "There's a mod for that!"

And that's not even considering the regular and constant updates that would invalidate most mods a day after they were released.

Sorry to say, but people drawing pictures and making crude 3D models is nowhere near actually being able to produce content of the same level of quality as that of Subnautica.
  • lorcogothlorcogoth belgium Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207943Members
    Nope. I've said it before and I'll say it again. Mods at this point would only harm the game's development.
    Literally any suggestion or bug would no longer be up to the devs to add or fix, but would instead be replied to with "Let the modders fix it!" or "There's a mod for that!"

And that's not even considering the regular and constant updates that would invalidate most mods a day after they were released.

Sorry to say, but people drawing pictures and making crude 3D models is nowhere near actually being able to produce content of the same level of quality as that of Subnautica.

if they add steam workshop it should be after the game has actually been released for a few months right now i would also say no but later when the game is finished let the modders do there stuff.
  • MarutMarut nonya-buzniz Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207866Members

At this point indeed.
  • RustyRangeRustyRange Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207955Members

I totally Agree with you 04Leonhardt. The Devs might not even spend time on the game if workshop is added, Plus they might just not add anything new because of the Mods making all of the new stuff that the Devs wanted to add.