Megaclops with pics :D

Comments

• The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    you would also need a room for the nuclear reactor (thats the only way you would be able to power something that large)

Fusion for the win!

You're right. The nuclear reactor powering the thrusters would be located in the back end of the thing.
  • SmashBrownSmashBrown Kerbin Join Date: 2015-08-27 Member: 207523Members
    Oh this is a badass idea. Love it.
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    it would take like 15+ hours to make it but it would be totaly worth it
  • SanctusLupusSanctusLupus USA Join Date: 2015-08-30 Member: 207600Members
    The_Shark wrote: »
    There will probably be a manual override button

Problem...
    Solved.
    Alright, 3D design is done. I put in a Seamoth for my thoughts on the scale, based on how you explained it. The Ettin, as I put the name as (until we come up with a better one). The design for it is here.

That's an awesome design and it goes well with the designs of the game. :) I think the glass top should be curved instead of pointy but other than that it looks awesome. Might add a couple more turbines to it but yeah. Great work :)

Thanks, I try. I'll do a bit more work on it when I get home, I'm not used to using trackpads (and I'm using a laptop in the college library). Probably make those edits you said, maybe a bit to make it look like more than a tube with a bunch of cool-shaped growths.

That is pretty impressive. I was thinking might want to incorporate those designs of the vehicles that are already in game. Like the Cyclops and Seamoth. Something that would bring those two together. But still I like that design as it would definitely go with the game. But perhaps some other alterations. Sort of like upgrades that would incorporate these other designs. :)
    There will probably be a manual override button

Problem...
    Solved.
    Alright, 3D design is done. I put in a Seamoth for my thoughts on the scale, based on how you explained it. The Ettin, as I put the name as (until we come up with a better one). The design for it is here.

That's an awesome design and it goes well with the designs of the game. :) I think the glass top should be curved instead of pointy but other than that it looks awesome. Might add a couple more turbines to it but yeah. Great work :)

Thanks, I try. I'll do a bit more work on it when I get home, I'm not used to using trackpads (and I'm using a laptop in the college library). Probably make those edits you said, maybe a bit to make it look like more than a tube with a bunch of cool-shaped growths.

Do you think you could possibly get something into the works for the exosuit? Maybe of some other tools that majority would like to see in game perhaps even the player's character. I think the suit that we see should be a bit more futuristic but that is just me. There could also be a female and male version so that it would be more gender friendly depending on the player's preference. What do you think?
  • Astropig_gamerAstropig_gamer USA Join Date: 2015-08-31 Member: 207625Members
    There could also be a female and male version so that it would be more gender friendly depending on the player's preference. What do you think?

how the fudge do u make a female exo-suit

Do you think you could possibly get something into the works for the exosuit? Maybe of some other tools that majority would like to see in game perhaps even the player's character. I think the suit that we see should be a bit more futuristic but that is just me.

You got it. I'll put exposition stuff on the list.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited September 2015
    There could also be a female and male version so that it would be more gender friendly depending on the player's preference. What do you think?

A lot of ways, really.

Giant robot boobs
    Thicker hip armor
    Heels on the feet
    Wider stance

2009178-neith.jpg
    St-84launchtrailer.jpg
    myzr_eta1.jpg

You could also do this

gundam_05.jpg

I was talking about the actual player model and the gender of the model. Found out the devs are working on a female model for those that would prefer to play as a female instead of male gender in the game.

Do you think you could possibly get something into the works for the exosuit? Maybe of some other tools that majority would like to see in game perhaps even the player's character. I think the suit that we see should be a bit more futuristic but that is just me.

awesome, the devs need you on the team, :) But i'll be looking forward to what you come up with :) if nothing else, maybe will be great for some mods :)
  • FinrodFinrod Germany Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207683Members
    A bigger submarine that can dock a Seamoth and Exosuit at the sime time? You have my attention. I want this so hard

*exosuit*

I just now noticed that... freaking autocorrect.
    awesome, the devs need you on the team, :)

That's... pretty high praise. Needlessly high, I'm just some random guy who makes 3D models. But wow. Thanks.
  • Soul_RiderSoul_Rider Mod Bean Join Date: 2004-06-19 Member: 29388Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue
    I think the depth-strider really gets the feel of Subnautica. I think the megacyclops is a great idea, but a bit too narrow and square for subnautica. To my eye, subnautica is much curvier than the current design. If you could round it out a bit more, I think it would be perfect.
    awesome, the devs need you on the team, :)

That's... pretty high praise. Needlessly high, I'm just some random guy who makes 3D models. But wow. Thanks.

You're welcome, I was actually in Game Art and Design degree and unfortunately I wasn't able to go that far into 3D modeling. Trying to figure out Maya and 3Ds Max isn't the easiest thing to do. I'm quite impressed with what you can accomplish. Wish I could do anything close to that with my art. But you have good ideas and you have a good sense of design. Hope you keep it up.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    gonna do the exo suit bay but need time :P
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    tarek wrote: »
    gonna do the exo suit bay but need time :P

No prob. Take your time boss.
  • Warlock16Warlock16 Mexico Join Date: 2015-09-02 Member: 207672Members
    or maybe you can found the ettin inside of the aurora and you need to repair with expensive materials
    Warlock16 wrote: »
    or maybe you can found the ettin inside of the aurora and you need to repair with expensive materials

I like that.
    edited September 2015
    The_Shark

Did you ever check out the concept art for the cyclops and submersibles? The devs have a lot of concept art out there. Some that are for the cyclops looks like what an upgrade could be fore the cyclops.
    The_Shark

Did you ever check out the concept art for the cyclops and submersibles? The devs have a lot of concept art out there. Some that are for the cyclops looks like what an upgrade could be fore the cyclops.

Yes, yes I did. Intending to make a thread on some of my own ideas for Cyclops upgrades sometime.
    The_Shark

Yes, yes I did. Intending to make a thread on some of my own ideas for Cyclops upgrades sometime.

That would be cool :)
  • CMonster0125CMonster0125 United States Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207850Members
    Played around with the design in 3D. Still in very rough single-mesh form.
    Rough_SM.jpg
    host image online
    Rough_SM.jpg

[Theme from Atlantis intensifies]

• RustyRangeRustyRange Join Date: 2015-09-14 Member: 207955Members
    edited September 2015
    tarek wrote: »
    enjoy

11953511_879201912127602_5819705304885311318_o.jpg

If you think of adding a Nuclear Reactor, There needs to be some sort of back up Supplier system, Like a Generator that Stores energy (From Solar Panels on the Roof of the Ship, if you add back up energy) So that way, when the Main Supply Runs out, you still have the back up energy to make you back home.

Also another Idea, Add 2 Emergency Hatches (In-case of Flooding) and also Bulkhead doors like you said earlier, and a Upgrade Extension maybe for the Cyclops? (Cyclops Dock inside of the Megaclops, like the Sea moth in the Cyclops.)

• LinfomaLinfoma Portugal Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207791Members
    i hope the subnautica ppl are taking notes cuz there are boat loads or sub loads eheheh, of cool ideas and concepts in this forum....man these drowings are so cool...
    but if the sub is made for deep water more than 1000...the seamoth wont be of any use cuz it can only go to 800 max but still cooll if u can take it along...for deep water the exosuit will be a must, and that spider sub man that takes the prise i want to pilot that :D ...another idea you could drow is some sort of remote control mini sub like the ones you see in documentarys of deep ocean exploration...think about that one...good job whit the drowings man keep them coming.
    edited September 2015
    Linfoma wrote: »
    but if the sub is made for deep water more than 1000...the seamoth wont be of any use cuz it can only go to 800 max but still cooll if u can take it along...

I actually have been working for a few weeks on a bunch of new vehicles. From what I can gather, the Cyclops and SeaMoth are both "Multi-Purpose" vehicles, being able to perform many roles, but not specialized to any, and thus not as effective. Among the many others, there are at least two vehicles I've designated as "Deep-Sea Exploration" vehicles. One is designed for a non-upgraded crush depth of 20000 meters, and the other at 10000 meters.
  • MarutMarut nonya-buzniz Join Date: 2015-09-10 Member: 207866Members
    Just putting this out here, but bigger subs are more susceptible to high pressure and thus less suitable for deep sea exploration.
    Don't mean to be a spoilsport and I CERTAINLY don't wanna get eaten by the biggest fish any more than you do, but it's something to consider.
  • LinfomaLinfoma Portugal Join Date: 2015-09-07 Member: 207791Members
    Linfoma wrote: »
    but if the sub is made for deep water more than 1000...the seamoth wont be of any use cuz it can only go to 800 max but still cooll if u can take it along...

I actually have been working for a few weeks on a bunch of new vehicles. From what I can gather, the Cyclops and SeaMoth are both "Multi-Purpose" vehicles, being able to perform many roles, but not specialized to any, and thus not as effective. Among the many others, there are at least two vehicles I've designated as "Deep-Sea Exploration" vehicles. One is designed for a non-upgraded crush depth of 20000 meters, and the other at 10000 meters.

man that is bad ass ...give me pictures seen some in the forum and ppl are having great idieas and coming up whit nice drowings, i want visual orgasms :p ...just hope subnautica ppl are taking notes...some of the ideas and concepts are very nice.
    Marut wrote: »
    Just putting this out here, but bigger subs are more susceptible to high pressure and thus less suitable for deep sea exploration.
    Don't mean to be a spoilsport and I CERTAINLY don't wanna get eaten by the biggest fish any more than you do, but it's something to consider.

That's true. A larger sub means more surface area. More surface area means more area for the pressure to push on. More water pressure means higher chance of a hull breach.