Menu Music

CthulhuCthulhu Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159368Members, Reinforced - Shadow
So I haven't checked through all the options in the menu in a while and somehow I completely missed when the option to change the menu background and music was put in. Either way, I love that option, having random backgrounds and hearing the different pieces is great. Except for one thing: one of the options for the music isn't Frontiersmen. I loved during the beta when that was the menu music, and I was a little sad when the music changed (although I love the rest of the soundtrack too). If there was any way for one more piece of menu music to be put in the options I would be so happy!

Comments

• SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2015
    If it previously existed maybe I can add it in, I need a link to what it was though. I added in everything that I thought was previously in game.
  • CthulhuCthulhu Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159368Members, Reinforced - Shadow
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited September 2015
    That was never in I'm pretty sure

I looked at previous revisions when I first added those in and that was never a menu track I don't think, though maybe it could be in a patch or 2

EDIT:
    I guess it was? Can you give me a timeline of when it was?
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    Cthulhu wrote: »
    here you go
    Ahhh, thank you!
    I remember the track distinctly matching the intense portion 30 seconds in, with the time it took to find a server you wanted, which put me in the mindset to shoot aliens on a space station every time.
  • CthulhuCthulhu Join Date: 2012-09-14 Member: 159368Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Yeah I don't remember the exact time when it was because it was a few years ago/ not too many people make videos of game menus, but i'm pretty sure it was some time around March or April 2012 right around gorilla. I pretty clearly remember the menu background being a metal hallway with that track as the music. I'm pretty sure it changed at least by the exosuit update, but don't take my word for that because this is all based off of memory.
    Well if it does happen to get in it's probably going to be a while, so if it means that much to you I can make a mod.
    Oh, no worries, I've got the soundtrack so if I start missing that track again I can go listen to it. I mean, if you did that it'd be super cool, but you don't need to take time away from your other work for a mod like that for me. Just know that if that track ever does get back into the game there'll be at least one person who'll be super happy about it!