New Biome: a Living Organism

jdanilovjdanilov Join Date: 2015-08-25 Member: 207459Members
A huge underwater Dormant Living Organism you can get into with a seamoth and explore from inside.

From outside it looks like an enormous trembling rock with flapping tube folds sucking the water which you can use to enter the organism through.

Organism gets energy from some salt water based chemical reaction happening inside it's internal body chambers connected with water tubes. It has a completely distinct ecosystem of parasites and predators living within itself. It may have a slowly moving heart, pumping a salt water inside and a fresh water outside. Heart and other organs such as chemical reactions chambers can be explored from inside.

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    So like, a super colossal Reefback?
  • jdanilovjdanilov Join Date: 2015-08-25 Member: 207459Members
    Yeah, one option is it might be slowly moving, using the water moving through it's body to sustain metabolism. Other option - sitting on a seabed using tidal waves for the same purpose or pumping the water with a huge heart. Third option it might use the smoker's energy or sulphur based chemical reactions to generate energy.

Two major things though: 1. it's enormous. 2. it can be explored from inside.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited August 2015
    I mean, I'm all for creatures we can go inside of, but not so much of making an entire biome out of it.

Maybe something like this

Skip to about 2:40

A huge predator that will try to eat you, but you can escape out the vents or gills before it tries to digest you, or you can stop its heart with the stasis rifle and have it cough you up. And it'd have little fish and cave crawlers inside, jets of digestive acid, too.

You could even find a special fragment or item inside.
  • jdanilovjdanilov Join Date: 2015-08-25 Member: 207459Members
    Disgusting. And I like it!
  • NevercallmebynameNevercallmebyname Join Date: 2015-08-15 Member: 207155Members
    A Bull Reefback biome would be an awesome thing!
  • netshamannetshaman france Join Date: 2015-04-07 Member: 203080Members
    Excellent ! I love it !
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    What I want...
    Massive lifeforms that you can go inside and explore. Inside are a multitude of completely different lifeforms that live symbiotically with their host, protecting, cleaning, and reproducing.

When I say this, I tend to think of the huge slug (exogorth) that Han accidentally flies into during one of the Star Wars movies. However, it can be much more complex than this. Perhaps the protectors are irritated when you try to move about inside their host. However, if you coat yourself with the goo from one of its parasites, they would stop attacking you for a while.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    in star bound some planets are one giant organism