A few simple ideas.

KiritoKirito United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-08-17 Member: 207222Members
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
1. Manual power-off/on sub and base power to prevent background usage when the sub/base is not in use. (Also be kinda cool to enter a sub or base in pitch back, searching for and pressing the power button to here "Power restored, primary systems online, welcome back captain" when you turn it back on. This

2. Exterior cameras on the top, bottom, sides and rear of the cyclops to allow for better maneuvering and control.

3. Exterior searchlights in various places around the cyclops that can be moved/directed (like a turret of some sort) that can be both turned on/off (to conserve power) to assist in deep dive exploration.

1-3 could also be included into the seamoth but on a smaller scale, examples:
Mounted camera on the rear seamoth for reversing/seeing hostile creatures chasing you to allow for better evasion (Reaper Leviathan *cough*).
Searchlight mounted on the bottom of the seamoth that can be turned on/off and directed for small deep sea cave exploration.

4. Better controls for the cyclops and seamoth e.g. changing rotation, emergency buoyancy controls for quick surfacing.

5. Grid placing that can be toggled on/off to allow you to easily line up objects in your sub/base for all those neat freaks out there. Yes i have OCD and like everything all lined up neatly, problem? Lol.

6. Type-2 bulkhead doors that close automatically when flooding or damage is detected (although can be manually overridden or set to non-auto close so that you may repair the damage freely). They could also be cool sliding doors like those from Star Wars (Death Star scene), Star Trek (The holodeck doors looked fairly cool and similar to bulkhead doors) and Stargate SG-1 (Those big ass heavy doors that slide down from the roof during lockdowns). This can all link into the concept of base degradation where if a base is unused for a certain period or built in a hostile area wear and tear can occur causing certain compartments to flood, causing an emergency power up of the bases main power system and sealing the Type-2 bulkhead doors. With red/yellow warning lights swirling around inside the base (similar to the cyclops) or an alert if (like: Alert minor damage detected at one of your bases, activating beacon on your HUD) you're away would be awesome.

7. A small docking tube that connects from your base to your cyclops, similar to the vertical connectors only that can create a circuit of power from your base to your cyclops to recharge the power cells (with an on/off switch of course incase you don't want to completely drain your base dry).

8. What's diving without a shootable/retractable roped harpoon ey? Nuff said.

9. Computer/Control Console (similar to the one used to change the colour on your cyclops) this can be used to control most of the ideas above including cameras, searchlights and power distribution system (fine tweaking your power grid and turning off certain items to conserve power such as sub/base lighting (dimming lights could conserve energy) as well as other things like which type-2 bulkhead doors in which scenarios.

10. Speaking of control console.......... hehehehehe (*drools*) underwater UEV (Unmanned Exploration Vehicle) Drones for exploration controlled from your base or cyclops. To prevent these being overpowered of course they would have a limited range which i suppose could incorporate an upgrade system for increased depth and range.

11. Living quarters update. Basically add a bed and possibly a shower etc which can be combined with a rest/hygiene need in survival mode. The bed could also be used to skip to a certain time period and such as day/night or help speed up the 3 day wait for radiation clean up from the Aurora. This could also make use of the current temperature system where bases in low temperature areas require a heating system which again can be tweaked depending on power management and of course if the rumours of the arctic/ice/cold underwater exploration are true hehehe. Nuff said.

**********End of line********** 17/08/2015

12. (Placeholder for when i have time to type up more ideas in more detail)

Did you know if you build a bulkhead door against a 90 degree angle tunnel, go outside and dismantle that tunnel, go back inside and open the still present bulkhead door and walk out, you will walk onto the surface of the ocean without drowning because the game thinks you're still in your base? The mind boggles.

Disclaimer: I will not be held responsible for you being stuck on the bottom of the ocean walking for the rest of your days in underwater limbo hehehe.

OH OH OH one more thing i will write in detail later on that will be number 12..... fish farming! Some sort of bait trap for easier food collection, fill it with bait near a high population area and come back later to find a hand full of fish.

Comments

• MyrmMyrm Sweden Join Date: 2015-08-16 Member: 207210Members
    Hi

Some really nice ideas there. I particularly like the suggestion of cameras on the Cyclops to allow for manoeuvring and control, and the bed idea in bases.
  • KiritoKirito United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-08-17 Member: 207222Members
    Thankyou Myrm.

I have so many ideas it's just finding the time and energy to write about them but possibilities with this game are endless.
  • chanster115chanster115 texas Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207087Members
    Good ideas, a nuclear reactor or bioreactor for the cyclopes along with a camera on the bottom tail would be vary cool and much needed. I'm always hitting the tail end on the bottom because I don't know were the seabed is and I forget how long it is.
  • KiritoKirito United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-08-17 Member: 207222Members
    edited August 2015
    Thankyou chanster115.

For me it's not so much the tail it's the 2 protruding fins/engines either side, they constantly seem to catch on rocks etc. A nuclear reactor inside the cyclops would be cool, with the added effect of a meltdown if too much damage is sustained and not repaired fast enough to balance out the gameplay. I'll add your idea to my list at some point :smile:

• chanster115chanster115 texas Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207087Members
    The devs have a nuclear reactor in the works for the seamoth but I think it would make more sense in the cyclopes.