Planned Events? +Weather

TheJamesehTheJameseh United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-08-04 Member: 206769Members
If any Devs read this could they let me know by popping a comment of acknowledgement below please? :smile:

Just some suggestions to spice up the gameplay a little in Subnautica, so you know in games like (for instance) Don't Starve, after roughly 7-10 days wolves come. Well what if at random points (no planned time unlike Don't Starve) events happen, this could be anything like...

1. Natural disasters. What if you're just going along in your Cyclops or your in your Seamoth than all of a sudden everything starts shaking (Earthquake) and fish swim everywhere. Or what if you go up to the surface and (This would take a lot of work :3) A Tsunami is just coming... *That probably won't be implemented because of the environmental factors they would have to change* Or maybe you could add a volcano to the island or just add a separate Volcano which could be connected to the Lava Zone and a way to find it. There could also be Storms, and Lightning or even Electric Storms! That would be Awesome.

2. Creature appearance/attack at the moment the only way to find creatures is to go to the biomes they spawn in, which is kind of a bummer in my opinion, but what if say The Sea Emperor appeared randomly and very rarely appeared near your area, or other creatures for that fact, small or big as long as they are rare that would be awesome as it seems like there's no wildlife when there really is, it's just in different biomes.

3. Outer-Space stuff Okay so the game is based around Sci-Fi and spacey stuff, well to further the Science and Sci-Fi why not add asteroids and other things coming from out of space, you could even add events to do with things out of space, like in future if you grow plants or similar things a heatwave could cause them to die and maybe for a creature to be able to spawn in a biome. I'm not sure but something like asteroids and stuff would be cool.

Also something else I wanted to talk about was Weather because at the moment it's just the same sky with clouds every day, it would be awesome to see some rain, snow, storms (As I said before) And some bizarre weather as it is a alien planet, thanks for reading and tell me what you guys think below :smile:

PS: Devs, don't forget what I said :wink:

Comments

• ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
    I personally wouldn't mind having more volcanoes, namely on islands. Not to mention typhoons, hurricanes, maybe not lightning since we are in water, blizzards in arctic zones, and much more. I feel like the AI of the creatures could change when stuff like this happens. This could lead to an upgrade for a cartography room in the seabase that lets you see the weather in different areas; as long as you put some kind of transmitter there first.
  • Duff_McDugginDuff_McDuggin Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205964Members
    I personally wouldn't mind having more volcanoes, namely on islands. Not to mention typhoons, hurricanes, maybe not lightning since we are in water, blizzards in arctic zones, and much more. I feel like the AI of the creatures could change when stuff like this happens. This could lead to an upgrade for a cartography room in the seabase that lets you see the weather in different areas; as long as you put some kind of transmitter there first.

I dig this Idea. Think Im going to vote in for the lightening and angry surface conditions during a storm.
  • bloodransombloodransom United States Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206616Members
    I think storms kicking up and washing up debree would be interesting, migrating vegetation drift and visibility hindrances.
  • BootsTNGBootsTNG Join Date: 2015-08-12 Member: 207067Members
    Definitely. Adding lighting storms and rain would make the game ten times more atmospheric. Perhaps the extra cloud cover would also lower power generation for solar panels?
  • Error_MackroError_Mackro N Join Date: 2015-07-30 Member: 206541Members
    edited August 2015
    Agree with two, we need some more mobile danger, like having reapers move around a bit more. Right now they spawn en masses by the aurora, and then one spawns in the middle of nowhere where the player has no reason to go and just patrols. Same goes for most of the other predators I'd like to see some additions to the AI.

Your base also needs to be able to be attacked to make things interesting rather than having it a resource dump, like when that rock puncher thing gets added he punches the shit out of your base and you have to repel it. When they do that then they can start adding defensive add-ons for your base rather than purely aesthetic stuff.
  • destroyah87destroyah87 Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206913Members
    edited August 2015
    Yeah, storms and waves would be amazing.

Meteor showers and possible asteroid strikes would be super cool also.

Give players a reason to look up and watch the skies instead of always just looking down.

And random wandering major threats would be cool, if there's a way to stay safe or avoid/repel the danger. If I know I can make myself safe and observe the threat, that'd be just amazing to watch.
  • DarkPrince7256DarkPrince7256 Dallas Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207699Members
    I want a storm so bad I'll be frightened to leave my base. That would be.. extremely and utterly... AMAZING.
  • The_SharkThe_Shark USA Join Date: 2015-08-24 Member: 207433Members
    edited September 2015
    TheJameseh wrote: »
    1. Natural disasters. What if you're just going along in your Cyclops or your in your Seamoth than all of a sudden everything starts shaking (Earthquake) and fish swim everywhere. Or what if you go up to the surface and (This would take a lot of work :3) A Tsunami is just coming... *That probably won't be implemented because of the environmental factors they would have to change* Or maybe you could add a volcano to the island or just add a separate Volcano which could be connected to the Lava Zone and a way to find it. There could also be Storms, and Lightning or even Electric Storms! That would be Awesome.

2. Creature appearance/attack at the moment the only way to find creatures is to go to the biomes they spawn in, which is kind of a bummer in my opinion, but what if say The Sea Emperor appeared randomly and very rarely appeared near your area, or other creatures for that fact, small or big as long as they are rare that would be awesome as it seems like there's no wildlife when there really is, it's just in different biomes.

3. Outer-Space stuff Okay so the game is based around Sci-Fi and spacey stuff, well to further the Science and Sci-Fi why not add asteroids and other things coming from out of space, you could even add events to do with things out of space, like in future if you grow plants or similar things a heatwave could cause them to die and maybe for a creature to be able to spawn in a biome. I'm not sure but something like asteroids and stuff would be cool.
    1. I love it. I want to see hurricanes and water spouts and shit.
    2. Maybe just add the ability to respawn.
    3. Full agreement. I want to launch a rocket and then drop a telephone pole from space, causing an immediate tsunami.
    GOD-OF-THUNDER.jpg