I'm new here, and I'd like to post my ideas and thoughts!

EntomoligistEntomoligist United States Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206958Members
I just bought Subnautica, and it's a wonderful game! I love everything about it. And as the creative mind that I am, I love to share my ideas to see what everyone thinks.

So I have this idea for a creature capture vehicle, which is basically an seamoth but has a small compartment and some kind of attachment that is able to capture small creatures for later. Or maybe instead of just creatures, this could work for items in general, such as acid mushrooms and fragments. This could be a seamoth upgrade, or a completely new vehicle in general.

I think that the reef biome (the starting biome with the shallow waters) should have more life in it. The reefs should have more plantlife, some kind of strange alien seashells, and perhaps different sizes of fish too. So far there are the smaller fish, such as peepers and airsacks, and then there is that one that I can't recall the name of that is a tad larger. It'd be awesome to see more life added there. Perhaps some sky life would fit too, like maybe some kind of alien seagull variant that just flies above for atmosphere.

The hostile creatures in this game, they don't feel real to me. They just feel like monsters, but I would love to see something that feels more like a dangerous animal than a monster put in for difficulty. It feels bad just having something that sees you and goes in for the kill. In the wild, if you saw a, let's say a lion, it wouldn't just walk (or in this occasion, swim) up to you and start attacking, it would have it's own pattern, like stalking you before it attacks.

The sky is always either day or night, which are fine, but since this is an alien planet, I feel like there should be something different. What if there was a moon, or two moons, that you could see in the sky? That would be awesome. I also have seen a lack in weather. Since this is a planet filled entirely with water (except for that island), I expect there to be lots of rain, or maybe it raining just sometimes.

Those are my thoughts. This is an early access game, so they may already do some of this in later updates, I just wanted to share my thoughts. I'm also new to the forum, this is my first post, so many of you probably have already pointed this out. Thanks for reading! :)

Comments

• GlassToTheArsonGlassToTheArson Join Date: 2011-08-12 Member: 116078Members
    I love your ideas and definitely agree with the behaviors of the predators. I would love to see some adjustments to the AI of certain creatures that would make them more passive unless provoked or approached.

• EntomoligistEntomoligist United States Join Date: 2015-08-09 Member: 206958Members
    I love your ideas and definitely agree with the behaviors of the predators. I would love to see some adjustments to the AI of certain creatures that would make them more passive unless provoked or approached.

Thanks!
  • BurdockBurdock Join Date: 2012-08-27 Member: 156553Members
    I do agree that changing the "hostile" AI would be awesome. Instead of having purely hostile/non-hostile I would prefer an expanded AI response.

Hunting/hostile :: Looking for things to eat. Will search out and attack you and other lifeforms.
    Territorial :: Will attack if you get near their location
    Neutral :: Will only attack if provoked (attacked, hit, bubbles, whatever)
    Passive :: Will flee when attacked