Idea for deep sea encounters in the Cyclops or Seamoth

GlassToTheArsonGlassToTheArson Join Date: 2011-08-12 Member: 116078Members
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
So, as we all know, the interiors of our beloved vessels are very well lit. So much so that it would visible to everything around us. We would, theoretically, stick out like a big metal sore thumb.

I was thinking it would be cool to be able to turn off the cabin lights. The reason being that there would be certain deep sea creatures that could do catastrophic damage to our sub if they see us. The catch being that with the lights off, they can't see us! :) Perhaps something like a huge Angler Fish that could mistake the light of our sub as the luminescence of another Angler and therefore would attack in a bid to defend it's territory.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• TyronidasTyronidas RLP Join Date: 2015-08-06 Member: 206837Members
    The idea with light-sensitive creatures I find awesome . you could extend the idea and for example diving goggles expand with night vision . also diving robot for particularly dangerous areas .

Likewise, one could also force with light certain creatures to retreat

New strategic ways with the environment should be done be learned from the players themselves .
  • GlassToTheArsonGlassToTheArson Join Date: 2011-08-12 Member: 116078Members
    That's awesome I love it!! The idea of using a UUV is so cool! Like it could be equipped with a mechanism that allows the retrieval of items, that way there's no risk, aside from losing your UUV, from going caving.