What do YOU want the next major update to be?

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    Dchicote wrote: »
    A two sun planetary system (2 suns and during night something like Saturn :-) )

I mean if we could see another planet from the surface, it'd be visible during the day as well.
    Would be super cool, though.
  • Subnautica.Subnautica. Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206899Members
    Co-Op through steam
  • AstamarrAstamarr Join Date: 2012-10-12 Member: 162142Members
    edited August 2015
    Well, i know it isn't happening but based on my own experience and my friend's one i can just hope for a Co-op update ;) That's what the game need to let people play long sessions on it, because i think showing and sharing creations is the best motivation you can find to play.

Also : Angry spooky fish-mens with a neat AI and caverns
  • Subnautica.Subnautica. Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206899Members
    A massive sub to dock the cyclops, and a deep sea biome, depth to roughly 700m 1nsub1we4s9a.jpg

• waxywaxy Sydney Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206895Members
    Also there should be a way to charge the cyclops. (Solar panels on top???). Or add a way to dock the cyclops with an anchor or port.
  • BlueOcean17BlueOcean17 U.S.A. Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206907Members
    Dev developers, you could add the ability to breed & farm edible fish, and plants. Getting most of the creatures, (if not all of the creatures), from experimental mode to the stable mode would be amazing, (but keep the Emperor Leviathan away from spawn please). Also, the possibility of a civilization of intelligent beings on the floating, surface island would be cool. The civilization could be friendly or aggressive towards you depending on how you first act towards them. DNA analyzing & sampling would be a nice addition too, and possibly even molecular tinkering to produce different materials, (e.g. titanium to quartz, or even making materials from thin air). Those are what would be really awesome, possible updates, or maybe even one update, you could make for Subautica in the future.
  • BifeclassicoBifeclassico Portugal Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206908Members
    I always wanted a elevator for the jacksepticeye underwater base, so could you make it ? And it would be AWESSOME if there was GIANT MOSTERS like c'thulu and godzilla even thought they are really big, but still you can make some big ass giant creatures. Thx for reading this :D
  • LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    For all of you countless people to ask for coop, 4 man multiplayer is IN THE AIR and MIGHT HAPPEN, but even if it does that will take alot longer then next major update, focus on the archievable things please :D
  • TheJamesehTheJameseh United Kingdom Join Date: 2015-08-04 Member: 206769Members
    I also want the Lava Zone atm as that's been worked on for a while and should be out by now.
  • RoadRunner71RoadRunner71 GA, USA Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206911Members
    I second the request to enable gathering from the SeaMoth without exiting it. Maybe add actuator arms in front to make it look like it can do it. They don't need to be animated at this point.

I would also very much like controls in the options to change the volume levels of the game music, environment sounds and sound effects. I usually keep the music much lower than the sound effects and voice prompts so I can hear them without being obstructed by the music.

If you guys could publish a tech tree on your site or perhaps in the game, that would be great. It would make it quicker and easier to find out what materials and other components are needed to build something. As it is, you have to poke around in the builder then track down all the bits and bobs to make something and to see what you need to build/gather. I've done this before in my own game code. It's not that difficult (it's based off a reverse reading of the menus in the builder. Of course, we'll learn the tech tree eventually. But it slows you down getting started because you have no idea what materials you need to gather to make your basic items.

Also, the getting started video is pretty outdated. You should remove the link to it. Bad info is worse than no info.
  • SeabottomSeabottom Denmark Join Date: 2015-03-21 Member: 202392Members
    Enough with the base building already. We need more ways to interact with the sea it self. More animals, more plants, more biomes.
  • BifeclassicoBifeclassico Portugal Join Date: 2015-08-08 Member: 206908Members
    One AMAZING thing would be when we are REALLY deep, that the screen is almost black there should be that fishes that have a light on top of their head but GIANT, like in nemo
  • JP193JP193 UK Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204597Members
    The problem with suggestions is that everyone wants something different and expects the devs to choose their idea.
    Besides they put in a lot of work, so it's no surprise they do pretty much all their own ideas anyway.

I personally would like lighting control on bases, for atmospheric interiors and less glaring windows from outside, but I don't expect this to ever be in the game, however I am looking forward to the deeper biomes, which sound awesome even in planning phase.
  • EnjamEnjam Md Join Date: 2015-03-24 Member: 202531Members
    Multiplayer of any kind
  • ArzinxArzinx Join Date: 2015-05-27 Member: 204938Members
    edited August 2015
    I would like an update dedicated to the Aurora. You can craft a laser cutter type thing and cut through sections of the wall in the ship and maybe inside the ship could be cryogenic pods that have creatures from Earth (i think we play as a human) like cows and stuff.

EDIT: Maybe inside the Aurora there could be a tech lab with a blueprint for a Cyclops dock. (rough drawing:) ior8qjql6qjh.png
  • QuaxoQuaxo Join Date: 2015-08-10 Member: 206984Members
    Definitely multiplayer/co-op. Just something simple, like 2-4 players being able to survive together. At this point, I don't think the map is large enough for anything like 20-30 player groups. Too crowded and not enough resources.

Map expansion. More, larger areas to explore.

Exterior base lighting. Not just the little LED lights that are (were?) in the works, more like larger flood lights/area lights. I like building my bases as deep as I can, and nights can get extremely dark that far down.

More balanced recipes/resources, especially with regards to quartz. One window alone takes 6 quartz. So many things take quartz, that even if you find that massive field of quartz in the east, it isn't enough.
  • Storesund98Storesund98 USA Join Date: 2015-07-02 Member: 205963Members
    Lightdevil wrote: »
    Something interesting in the air at night and day (which would be clouds, stars and flying whales just kidding)

GEORGE!!!
  • Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    edited August 2015
    Exosuit and Sea Emperor are obligatory, and I imagine they're on the way anyway.

I'd like to see more versatility and interaction with temperature, pressure, and current. If done well, those would make Subnautica truly unique and spectacular. Additionally, oil and or natural gas would be neat as resources. A massive and untapped planet such as this one has to be loaded with oil, coal, and natural gas. Realistically, even this far into the future batteries and power cells of the size we have in the game wouldn't be sufficient. It would be awesome to have deep mining and drilling operations that require a lot of equipment, building, and extreme caution.
    I always wanted a elevator for the jacksepticeye underwater base, so could you make it ? And it would be AWESSOME if there was GIANT MOSTERS like c'thulu and godzilla even thought they are really big, but still you can make some big ass giant creatures. Thx for reading this :D

Elevators would be awesome too, and would be pretty much necessary for the deep drilling idea I had.
  • JID00gamingJID00gaming WA Join Date: 2015-08-10 Member: 206992Members
    there is a lot of stuff that would be really interesting to see in game. (I really like that Ghostwhale concept)
    2 things I would like to see, small but needed.

1: Replace the hatch, with a airlock. For realism. (And maybe an animation for the airlock.
    2: I wanna see those dang doors over the cyclops hatch to close! XD
  • NuramonNuramon Join Date: 2008-02-12 Member: 63639Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    Like in "Habitat" special materials to make building/researching more complex, for example lubricant, magnetite or uranium.... Generally more different materials that are used to build things, so that you have to explore the world of subnautica very carefully. It seems like the developers already working on this because i found aluminium and other stuff that i cannot use in the current update.... Also the exosuit would be very cool so you have to drill these precious and rare materials from rocks or crystals and so on. When you are drilling, the rockpuncher should be a big danger for your exosuit AND your base! Now that we are able to build a fantastic underwater home, we have to protect it. Would be cool if the rockpuncher feels threated and then it will be able to punch your base and you have to feed the rockpuncher with expensive metals or frighten it with a kind of vibration or sound transmitter so that he leave the area. that transmitter is hard to find (blueprint, materials......) but you will need it, to protect your large bases in deeper biomes where the rockpuncher lives. its like a "smell or sound" that the rockpuncher dont like and it will shun your base. Update name: My home is my castle :D
  • TollbanTollban Join Date: 2015-08-10 Member: 206996Members
    Don't know if you Devs have though about it or not, and I don't know how well it would fit, but an actual means to defend yourself would be grand, To fit I would say non lethal, like a stun cannon or something that knocks baddies Completely out, Kinda like a mega man or Metroid arm cannony sort of look.

Another fun idea could Be like an Actual boat that the Subs can dock in, And uses like creeper plant seeds as bio fuel; On that not a bio fuel generator could be a cool thing.

Also, An idea for end game sort of thing, going into the ship again to repair a long range emergency beacon, for rescue or support.

my last idea Is a map tool, But with that definite survival twist, YOU(the player) has too Explore to fill in the map, But only temporarily, To get a permanent map you Need to Return to base and use a terminal to stitch the map together

sorry for any spelling mistakes, and erratic sentence structure.

• LightdevilLightdevil Austria Join Date: 2015-06-10 Member: 205381Members, Subnautica Playtester
    edited August 2015
    Lightdevil wrote: »
    Something interesting in the air at night and day (which would be clouds, stars and flying whales just kidding)

GEORGE!!!

WTF? How do you know my first name.. Who are you?

Also apparently nobody listens to me when I say stuff about multiplayer and what we already know about it :/
    Tollban wrote: »
    Don't know if you Devs have though about it or not, and I don't know how well it would fit, but an actual means to defend yourself would be grand, To fit I would say non lethal, like a stun cannon or something that knocks baddies Completely out, Kinda like a mega man or Metroid arm cannony sort of look.

Another fun idea could Be like an Actual boat that the Subs can dock in, And uses like creeper plant seeds as bio fuel; On that not a bio fuel generator could be a cool thing.

Also, An idea for end game sort of thing, going into the ship again to repair a long range emergency beacon, for rescue or support.

my last idea Is a map tool, But with that definite survival twist, YOU(the player) has too Explore to fill in the map, But only temporarily, To get a permanent map you Need to Return to base and use a terminal to stitch the map together

sorry for any spelling mistakes, and erratic sentence structure.

That Stun gun already exists, called a stasis rifle, you find its blueprints in the kelp forest.
  • crane476crane476 United States, Tx Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206850Members
    Mostly new creatures. I'm still waiting for the Emperor Leviathan, Sea Dragon Leviathan, Warper, Crab squid, Crab Snake, Lava Larva, Lava Lizard, biter fish, cute fish, rock puncher, Sea treader, and the Shock Eel. I'm also really looking forward to the Exosuit and implementation of DNA splicing.
  • ZornhauZornhau Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206855Members
    There are some small quality-of-life improvements that I'd like to see: the ability to recharge your cyclops without having to harvest additional power cells, the ability to quit to the main menu without exiting the game, etc.

In terms of content, I changed my mind again. I think the next order of business is more flora and fauna, as well as more ways to interact with them.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    So seems the universal desire is for more flora and fauna?

Perhaps a mini-update that releases a few new creatures is in order?
  • ArkStrikeArkStrike Venezuela Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204212Members
    We definitely need more fauna but not just aggressive one, this ocean feels very empty most of the time.
  • GlassToTheArsonGlassToTheArson Join Date: 2011-08-12 Member: 116078Members
    I'd say new flora/fauna/biomes for sure
  • ShtongShtong France Join Date: 2015-04-15 Member: 203480Members
    Here are two ideas that I thought of:

- More Aurora content. This element of the game looks so important as soon as the game starts, that I feel a little bit underwhelmed when I reached it. Finding the entrance, picking up the loot and fixing the leaks are quite fast compared to the amount of preparation required to reach this point, and I would appreciate that I have more stuff to do in there, more rooms to explore. Or maybe reasons to come back later.
    - Automation. Ways to automate certain parts of the game, like manually created electric circuits, conveyors, fish or salt farming, etc.