[Habitat update] Forever stuck on loading screen

m2stechm2stech QLD Join Date: 2015-08-06 Member: 206849Members
edited August 2015 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Ever since Habitat update my game is forever stuck on loading screen, I can't load savegames, I can't start new game.
Everything was fine till last update. I even verified files through Steam and no problems there.
What's the solution here? because I obviously want to play what I paid for.

pastebin.com/zezJHWPV

Comments

• FrostyFishFrostyFish Unknown Liquid Bearing World Join Date: 2015-03-28 Member: 202652Members
    Yeah, I'm having the same issue. :(
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    typically this is caused by a bad install or a corrupt save game.

If you have verified,

try switching to the experimental build or back
    do the full uninstall/reinstall.
    try running as administrator
  • zangiszangis Slovakia Join Date: 2015-05-29 Member: 205017Members
    I'll just chime in here since the last time I didn't get any response.
    I've had the same problem for a few patches now (3 I think?) and none of the suggested things fixed it (verifying cache, forcing dx9, uninstall/reinstall, running as admin).
    Some more data I can give > I've left it hang for about 30 minutes to make sure it won't load.
    > When this happens I can't close the process in task manager, I have to restart to get rid of it. (It does get rid of it visually and from desktop it looks closed, it just leaves the process in the task manager.)

I'll also link pastebin of what is in my output_log file, since I can't figure out how to attach it in itself here. http://pastebin.com/f9BRqX9d
  • m2stechm2stech QLD Join Date: 2015-08-06 Member: 206849Members
    It seems there are some people on steam forums with exact same issue. So yeah last update made the game unable to start, nothing wrong from players side.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester

After the above 4 options, Please do 2 more things for me:
    run chkdsk on windows
    run memtest http://www.memtest86.com/

So, if you have done that and gotten nothing out of them, please either post your log in the thread or email them to jonas using this method: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=403087864

The log posted above doesn't have any major things that hop out as issues to me but I'm just glancing over it.

• m2stechm2stech QLD Join Date: 2015-08-06 Member: 206849Members
    Problem solved!
    Turns out the new update executables were blocked by my Eset smartsecurity antivirus even though subnautica was previously added as a trusted program. I deleted Eset and installed Bitdefender internetsecurity and subnautica now works again.
    So those with same problem check your antivirus.