My Lengthy List of Suggestions 2

CaarosCaaros Tennessee Join Date: 2015-05-10 Member: 204377Members
edited August 2015 in Ideas and Suggestions
A while back, I made a list titled My Lengthy List of Suggestions. It has been a few updates since then, and I would like to re-make it. My view in this game has changed slightly, and a few of the things in the old list have already been added. This list will be divided into three categories, those being Creatures, Equipment and Devices, and Other. Without further ado, lets begin.

Creatures
  • A friendly creature that travels in pods similar to dolphins
  • A creature that is an active predator to bleeders
  • A few creatures akin to slugs and crabs that crawl along the seafloor
  • Creatures that fly above the waves like in the trailer
  • A hostile creature, similar to the bone shark but bigger, that patrols the surface of the ocean in large, deep, open areas
  • Creatures could have different sub species. For example, different kinds of Stalkers adapted to living in cold water. This is realistic, as you see hundreds of different species of sharks, whales, etc on Earth.
Equipment and Devices
  • A 'flash rod' item that when used, stuns nearby organisms for certain amounts of time depending on their size. Small things are stunned for much longer than big things.
  • A light armor suit that reduces incoming damage by 30%, while reducing movement speed by 10%
  • A heavy armor suit that reduces incoming damage by 50%, while reducing movement speed by 30%
  • A logbook built into the PDA that players can write in. This would serve as an ingame journal for players as they explore the planet.
  • A sound device that can record various animal noises and play them back in order to attract various creatures.
  • A Sea base hatch specifically designed to connect with the Cyclop's hatch. Its basically a docking port.
  • A Sea base structure that is similar to a platform, but has a wide shallow dip full of sand. Players can plant seaweed, mushrooms, and other plants and farm them
  • A bed that can be placed in sea bases and subs that can be used to pass 8-10 hours of in game time
  • A drilling rig that requires power cells to stay powered and slowly generates common resources found in that biome
  • Light rods that you can place at any angle to light up small or medium sized areas
Other
  • The functionality to toggle the lights for your Seamoth, Cyclops, Seaglide, and Seabase
  • Deep, pitch black biomes filled with valuable resources and bioluminescent beasties (Possibly crabsquid?)
  • An ancient crashed alien ship a bit bigger than the Aurora. It would have alien technology the player could try to salvage, and be infested with hazards and predators/
  • The loading screen when starting up a game show off a randomized piece of concept art, rather than just the crashing Aurora.
  • An ingame settings menu
  • I know everybody asks for this, but Multiplayer?
  • Mod support and sophisticated, yet simple map making tools

Please, if you have anything to say about these ideas, please do so. Just remember to be polite about it, don't need hostility in the forums of such a great game.

Comments

• Mr357Mr357 Join Date: 2015-03-31 Member: 202777Members
    I agree with almost all of your ideas except armor. I think adding too many weapons and combat related items would ruin the game. Subnautica is about exploration and survival, not deliberately fighting sea creatures.
  • CaarosCaaros Tennessee Join Date: 2015-05-10 Member: 204377Members
    Mr357 wrote: »
    I agree with almost all of your ideas except armor. I think adding too many weapons and combat related items would ruin the game. Subnautica is about exploration and survival, not deliberately fighting sea creatures.
    It is just armor, not weapons. It is purely for defense. You need something to soften the blows from these vicious creatures, but you don't necessarily need to fight with it.
  • 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    *shills his idea for the dog training style bite-sleeve gauntlet once more*
    *shills his idea for the dog training style bite-sleeve gauntlet once more*
    Not quite sure what you mean, mostly considering Google won't tell me what shill means as a verb.

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    edited August 2015
    Basically I mean one of these things made out of Bone Shark hide
    Dog-bite-sleeve-cover-jute-Bite-Protection-Sleeve-8_LRG.jpg
    Dog-bite-sleeve-like-Schweikert-Bite-Sleeve-5980_LRG.jpg
    Maybe a design more like this would be better for swimming with.
    young-dog-bite-sleeve-Gappay-TRIO-puppy-sleeve-1.jpg

So when a shark goes to turn you into lunch it bites on the padded arm and does no damage, and you boop its snoot and it swims away.
    Of course the bulky padding would also slow down your swimming, and make you unable to wield two handed tools like the Propulsion Gun, Stasis Rifle, SeaGlide, etc.
    Sure you could take it off if you needed to use those tools, but if you're bringing it to where you're working then you better get done quick cause there's fish around you that do not have your best interest in mind.
  • tarektarek lebanon Join Date: 2015-04-10 Member: 203241Members
    instead of armor I say make a predator repelling suit
    tarek wrote: »
    instead of armor I say make a predator repelling suit
    That would be just a little bit overpowered.
    So when a shark goes to turn you into lunch it bites on the padded arm and does no damage, and you boop its snoot and it swims away.
    Of course the bulky padding would also slow down your swimming, and make you unable to wield two handed tools like the Propulsion Gun, Stasis Rifle, SeaGlide, etc.
    Sure you could take it off if you needed to use those tools, but if you're bringing it to where you're working then you better get done quick cause there's fish around you that do not have your best interest in mind.
    That would be viable if it also applied to other basic predators like stalkers and sandsharks. It could also prevent those BLOODY BLEEDERS from latching on to you. I hate something that small being that dangerous, no matter how realistic it is.