[Gameplay Suggestion] - Aurora Blowout Event

StrawberryClockStrawberryClock Canada Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206854Members
Forgive me if this has been suggested before.

The first time I played, when the anti-matter core (or whatever it's called) blew up I was straight-up convinced there would be a mechanic similar to STALKER where the ship would periodically "pulse" and give the really friggin' neat explosion FX every few days or so and you'd either need to be at a certain depth not to be irradiated or the radiation perimeter would expand temporarily, or there'd be a mini-tsunami at the surface or SOMETHING.

I even thought at first that our goal was to go into the Aurora to stabilize the core so it'd stop giving those pulses because if you let it pulse for too long the "irradiated zone" would expand and kill all the underwater wildlife and you'd eventually starve. Of course, that was something I extrapolated from my first 10 minutes playing and it was a bit silly of me in hindsight to expect something like that.

Still, the idea stuck with me ever since and I was wondering what you guys thought of it.

Was I the only one slightly disappointed that the first explosion was just a one-time thing?

Comments

• 04Leonhardt04Leonhardt I came here to laugh at you Join Date: 2015-08-01 Member: 206618Members
    I like to assume that the Reaper Leviathans are attracted to the radiation.

So, if you wait a long time before fixing the Aurora, and allow the radiation to spread, then it would increase their hunting area, eventually expanding into the Safe Shallows and beyond.

It could also possibly attract the Sea Emperor/Sea Dragon Leviathan
  • StrawberryClockStrawberryClock Canada Join Date: 2015-08-07 Member: 206854Members
    Yeah, I just assumed that SOMETHING would happen with the aurora core. For a while I even dreaded to be close to the radiation zone because I was afraid it was going to expand.