Returning to the Aurora and other MISC ideas

ChaosKnight626ChaosKnight626 Minnesota Join Date: 2015-08-05 Member: 206783Members
I love Subnautica a lot especially visiting the Aurora. My only issue is that there is no reason to revisit the Aurora. After emptying the supply crates and fixing the generator room you want to get out of there quickly since the unkillable Reapers are nearby. Part of me wishes that we had more reasons to return like clearing a path to a computer room so we can keep track of all of the species we have encountered, or a radio room to set up communications between the Aurora, Earth (Maybe), the Cyclops/Seamoth/Exosuit, and your seabase. Maybe it'll take too long for a rescue ship to arrive so instead we use the radio to relay information to Earth about the flora and fauna, the different biomes, the resources on the planet, etc. This will give so many more reasons to return to the Aurora. A couple other ideas that have been brought up by other people on other forums are a larger moonpool for the Cyclops, more weaponry, etc. I'm kinda 50/50 on a Cyclops moonpool since the base would require an extraordinary amount of power to charge it. However, it would come in handy if we wanted to make repairs or upgrades to the Cyclops. Instead of a gap in the bottom it could be on the side in a type of airlock system; drive the Cyclops alongside, the arms grab it and pull it in, airlock closes and drains the water,then the door to the rest of the base opens. As for the weaponry I admit that the knife and its variants are good for Bone Sharks, Bleeders, and Stalkers. After that there's nothing else. Reapers are way too big to fight with a knife and none of the guns are useful enough to take it down. We need something that shoots out a net or web in order to slow it down or something we can use to kill these monstrosities. The next few things deal with our submersibles. We need some way to defend them like a torpedo or a stasis bomb so we don't have to leave the ship. The next thing is that in the Moonpool it would be nice if we had a console to add upgrades to the Seamoth that over time they would be downloaded in. An example would be the Peeper, let's say after we get the transfuser and get a sample of the peeper's dna we put it through the computer and it analyzes the sample so we can make upgrades. Let's say we need 4 peeper dna samples before it can make something useful. Once you put them through and it analyzes them it allows you to build an upgrade for your submersibles using a dna sample. Then when you put the module in the console it'll slowly change the appearance of your submersible and when it's done the effect will be permanently added. This leads me to the next item on the list; the smaller submersibles need to have a way for you to grab items off of the seafloor especially if it's dangerous out like surrounded by Bone Sharks or Reapers, or if we're down far enough where the pressure can kill us. Now, for our seabase it would be nice to have a computer room that you would need a fragment which you could potentially get in the computer room of the Aurora, in this one we would analyze dna samples, scan for resources, show ways to combine flora and fauna to make better meals, maybe analyze more complex fragments for more vehicles or tools, monitor how our power is distributed, have a detailed map of the planet that fills in as we travel in our submersibles, and control the lights in our base. Another blueprint could be for a charging station that we add on to the base and can use to charge our battery powered tools, that way we're not constantly using up all of our batteries. Finally, I would also like to suggest beds so we can pass the time to either day or night along with a clock to keep track of in-game time. If the development team is already working on ideas like this then that's great, if not and they consider adding ideas from this then even better. Keep up the great work team, any response to these ideas are most welcome.

Comments