Editor - Lights & shandows

UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
Hi,

I suspect there is something wrong in here.
6ywew3wazvq7.jpg
Maybe it's X-ray now.

I couldn't check if it is the same in-game... maybe yes. maybe not. We'll see.

(It's post here so mappers can adjust if necessary)

Comments

• BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    Hi,

I suspect there is something wrong in here.
    6ywew3wazvq7.jpg
    Maybe it's X-ray now.

I couldn't check if it is the same in-game... maybe yes. maybe not. We'll see.

(It's post here so mappers can adjust if necessary)

You have shadows turned on? (not on the light, in the editor).
  • SamusDroidSamusDroid Colorado Join Date: 2013-05-13 Member: 185219Members, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, Subnautica Playtester, NS2 Community Developer, Pistachionauts
    What Beige said, we may occasionally miss things, but there is absolutely no way anyone who tests the tools would miss shadows being broken in the editor. It's bad enough we could not fix the render bug while in RC
  • UncleCrunchUncleCrunch Mayonnaise land Join Date: 2005-02-16 Member: 41365Members, Reinforced - Onos
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Yes. I restarted everything and it works again.

The thing I did was to load a map, wander a little bit and then load another one (same session).

On the 1st map there was this strange known bug that don't display everything when you look around (grey screen). On that time it was stronger.

Never mind
  • BeigeAlertBeigeAlert Texas Join Date: 2013-08-08 Member: 186657Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica Playtester, Pistachionauts
    BeigeAlert wrote: »

Yes. I restarted everything and it works again.

The thing I did was to load a map, wander a little bit and then load another one (same session).

On the 1st map there was this strange known bug that don't display everything when you look around (grey screen). On that time it was stronger.

Never mind

There's a strange draw-limit in the editor now, which essentially means if you have too many layers/stuff visible, stuff is going to start disappearing. It's not gone, it's just not visible. We're working on a fix for this.