Kelp Impasse

2»

Comments

• AmanchamAmancham GER Join Date: 2015-07-01 Member: 205922Members
    46bzb39k4ubk.jpg
    Since we were just talking about bleeders XD They are uber-aggressive, too. Can't farm anything at the moment.
  • tyler111762tyler111762 Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada Join Date: 2015-05-17 Member: 204558Members
    so uh.... all you know what im going to suggest as a solution to over active predators........do i even need to say it.....
  • DC_DarklingDC_Darkling Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18068Members, Constellation, Squad Five Blue, Squad Five Silver
    didnt a dev just sort of confirm a few posts ago that he BROKE it, so this is unintended behaviour.
    Just saying.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    didnt a dev just sort of confirm a few posts ago that he BROKE it, so this is unintended behaviour.
    Just saying.

Ah, that's good to know then :D I didn't see the post sorry about that ^^
  • Captain_PyroCaptain_Pyro Germany Join Date: 2015-05-31 Member: 205116Members
    edited July 2015
    Tierax wrote: »
    ... bleeders i want more of an ambush mentailty, much smaller aggro radius, but a little quicker, so its more you keep an eye out for them to avoid them, like crash nests

I once suggested that they hide in creepvines. Or at least a subspecies that does so.
  • solar71solar71 usa Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205276Members
    I love the hyper aggressive creatures now... So much better then before!!!
    Bring on the angry fish!!!!! im ready!! :)
  • Racer1Racer1 Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9615Members
    I like the idea of hyper aggressive fish (outside the shallows). This provides an actual need to tech up before exploring certain areas. This is the kind of natural gating that SN has strived for from the beginning.
  • BritemacBritemac Texas Join Date: 2015-07-20 Member: 206290Members
    Racer1 wrote: »
    I like the idea of hyper aggressive fish (outside the shallows). This provides an actual need to tech up before exploring certain areas. This is the kind of natural gating that SN has strived for from the beginning.

Not really, because everything is just 'rawr something different kill it/eat it' it detracts from the fact that every creature would have different behavior patterns. It's like saying a hammerhead shark is a man eater like the Great White is, when in all honesty, Hammer Heads don't tend to surface often, they are designed to find fish hidden under the sand, and even their mouth is designed to aid in them eating said hider fish.

On bone sharks, yes I can get the blatant hostility, but on the Stalker, I would think they would be more curious at first instead of outright hostile, unless you get near one of their nests (which they seem to put junk metal in cause shiny, perhaps similarly to how certain species of penguins collect pebbles)
  • BIPPITYBIPPITY England Join Date: 2015-06-06 Member: 205283Members
    Yeah i swam about 2 meters into a kelp forest and immediately 2 stalkers charge at me, after shooting them both multiple times with the repulsion cannon to the extent where they were out of view they kept coming back...