Beneath the Floating Islands

SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
So there actually is something under the floating island biome-- it is almost certainly a WIP, and is just under 400m, so unfortunately my cyclops can't quite aid me in my exploration quest to comb it for info. I did however find a lava vent spewing smoke, and a bone shark. It is almost pitch black down at that level, and the seeming implication that there will be an actual biome (a lava one perhaps) is awesome. Has anyone else gone straight down from the Floating islands in Exp mode? :D

Comments

• ArkStrikeArkStrike Venezuela Join Date: 2015-05-06 Member: 204212Members
    There is something called the Lava biome and its going to be on one of the deepest parts of the ocean floor. Most if not all planets should have volcanic activity deep within their oceans and the world of subnautica is no different.

Also please try to take screenshots of your exploration so we can understand your adventures a lot better. Videos are welcome too!

I'm here hoping they give us a solution to the pitchblackness or at least a workaround it that isn't totally cheating nor practically useless.
  • SeldkamSeldkam Join Date: 2014-01-01 Member: 191213Members
    Yea I know about the lava biome, I've been there before :P

but I think the one I went to was different, as it felt much more like a cave, while this one was technically open-ocean... seems like just another lava biome to me, and I'll try to get some pictures up
  • FogeristFogerist Lehigh Acres, Florida Join Date: 2015-04-11 Member: 203278Members
    If you use your terraformer and dig below the island, it actually connects into a lava biome.